Jo

I have about 4 devices that use a USB port, but only 2
ports to use. Is there the equivalent of a "power board"
for USB plugs?

If you have an open PCI slot, you can add a USB 2.0 (or even
a combo USB 2.0 and Firewire ) card which can add ports 40
times faster than what you have now. This will cost about
$25-60 depending on what you buy.

You can get a powered hub, which can add 4 or more ports.
USB can support daisy-chaining up to 127 devices, but some
devices might not work at the end of a long chain.. You can
add a hub that is not powered and add a mouse or other low
power devices, but printers and scanners might require a
powered hub.

I would buy the USB 2.0 card before I bought a hub. USB 2.0
can operate an external hard drive or CD burner.

"Jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have about 4 devices that use a USB port, but only 2
| ports to use. Is there the equivalent of a "power board"
| for USB plugs?

Hi

Try the following link, but a Google search will produce a lot more hits:

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=36&scid=44&prid=120

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:496801c42c1d$09025cc0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| I have about 4 devices that use a USB port, but only 2
| ports to use. Is there the equivalent of a "power board"
| for USB plugs?

---

Mike

Splendid

Go out and buy a 'Belkin' USB card.. return home.. install card into a free
PCI slot.. reboot computer.. load software and drivers.. plug in USB
devices.. job done..