DVD player to dma

Hi

I have a laptop compaq nc8000 and a combo dvd player. I
have tried to set my dvd player to dma mode but it is
always in pio mode. Is it possible that any software is
proventing my to set my settings to dma.

Thanks

regards

Gunnar
1 answer Last reply
More about player

    Windows sometimes automatically degrade CD/DVD drive mode from DMA to
    PIO mode ones it encounters errors during read/write operation. This
    can happend due to a poor CD/DVD media. Once degraded it is not
    possible to turn it back just via the Check Box on Device Setings
    panel. You have to uninstall the CD/DVD device,reboot the PC and
    install the CD/DVD drive again (it will be installed automatically).
    Now try to change the CD/DVD drive mode via Device Panel (if the DMA
    mode is not already set ).
    If you still can't set the DMA mode, your CD/DVD drive doesn't support
    DMA, or the drive is faulty.

    Good Luck
    Marijan

    "gunnar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<4c5801c42c45$2fe3f290$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a laptop compaq nc8000 and a combo dvd player. I
    > have tried to set my dvd player to dma mode but it is
    > always in pio mode. Is it possible that any software is
    > proventing my to set my settings to dma.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Gunnar

DMA DVD Players Windows XP