DVD player to dma

April 27, 2004 7:48:34 AM

Hi

I have a laptop compaq nc8000 and a combo dvd player. I
have tried to set my dvd player to dma mode but it is
always in pio mode. Is it possible that any software is
proventing my to set my settings to dma.

Thanks

regards

Gunnar

More about : dvd player dma

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 12:27:56 PM

Windows sometimes automatically degrade CD/DVD drive mode from DMA to
PIO mode ones it encounters errors during read/write operation. This
can happend due to a poor CD/DVD media. Once degraded it is not
possible to turn it back just via the Check Box on Device Setings
panel. You have to uninstall the CD/DVD device,reboot the PC and
install the CD/DVD drive again (it will be installed automatically).
Now try to change the CD/DVD drive mode via Device Panel (if the DMA
mode is not already set ).
If you still can't set the DMA mode, your CD/DVD drive doesn't support
DMA, or the drive is faulty.

Good Luck
Marijan

!