Hidden Bios Settings

Are there any "hidden" bios settings in the
A7N8X-X ? I am trying to find the setting
to turn the M/B fans off when I press the "Sleep"
button.
I seem to remember on some boards that I
had to press a combination of keys, instead of
just the "del" key to get to the advanced settings.
Also what should the CPU temp. be, Asus Probe and
SiSoftware Sandra both are reporting about 122 F.
TIA,
Tom

Paul

Splendid

In article <107grsi5k0lq11e@corp.supernews.com>, "Tom R"
<tom42344@snotmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any "hidden" bios settings in the
> A7N8X-X ? I am trying to find the setting
> to turn the M/B fans off when I press the "Sleep"
> button.
> I seem to remember on some boards that I
> had to press a combination of keys, instead of
> just the "del" key to get to the advanced settings.
> Also what should the CPU temp. be, Asus Probe and
> SiSoftware Sandra both are reporting about 122 F.
> TIA,
> Tom

Have you tried "ACPI Suspend To RAM" [Enabled] ?
I see the PANEL header has a SMI# pin and maybe
that is where the Sleep switch gets connected ?
Get a copy of "dumppo.exe", to get Windows to
recognize the new value of "ACPI Suspend to RAM"
you are using.

Just a guess,
Paul

> In article <107grsi5k0lq11e@corp.supernews.com>, "Tom R"
> <tom42344@snotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are there any "hidden" bios settings in the
> > A7N8X-X ? I am trying to find the setting
> > to turn the M/B fans off when I press the "Sleep"
> > button.
> > I seem to remember on some boards that I
> > had to press a combination of keys, instead of
> > just the "del" key to get to the advanced settings.
> > Also what should the CPU temp. be, Asus Probe and
> > SiSoftware Sandra both are reporting about 122 F.
> > TIA,
> > Tom
>
> Have you tried "ACPI Suspend To RAM" [Enabled] ?
> I see the PANEL header has a SMI# pin and maybe
> that is where the Sleep switch gets connected ?
> Get a copy of "dumppo.exe", to get Windows to
> recognize the new value of "ACPI Suspend to RAM"
> you are using.
>
> Just a guess,
> Paul
I just checked,
ACPI Suspend to RAM is Enabled.
I guess I will just have to put up with the
fans running.
What do you think about the 122 degree temp.
that Asus Probe is showing for the CPU?
I'm running a 2400 chip with the Retail AMD heatsink
and fan. Not overclocked.
Thanks for the help,
Tom

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:36:36 -0700, "Tom R" <tom42344@snotmail.com>
wrote:

are the fans "3-pin" or "4-pin" ?

ñíñjà¤têç
---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---

"ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:36:36 -0700, "Tom R" <tom42344@snotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> are the fans "3-pin" or "4-pin" ?

3 pin, plugged into the M/B.

> ñíñjà¤têç
> ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---

Paul

Splendid

In article <107hm7rmre2fq62@corp.supernews.com>, "Tom R"
<tom42344@snotmail.com> wrote:

> "ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:36:36 -0700, "Tom R" <tom42344@snotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > are the fans "3-pin" or "4-pin" ?
> >

> 3 pin, plugged into the M/B.
>

> > ñíñjà¤têç
> > ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---

Download this file:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Products/Oemtest/v1.1/WOSTest/Tools/Acpi/dumppo.exe

Then, from this post in Google, execute from a DOS prompt:

dumppo.exe admin /ac minsleep=s3

Typing in just "dumppo.exe" will list out the cmd
line options (albeit without any explanations)

HTH,
Paul

> In article <107hm7rmre2fq62@corp.supernews.com>, "Tom R"
> <tom42344@snotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "ñíñjà¤têç" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:36:36 -0700, "Tom R" <tom42344@snotmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > are the fans "3-pin" or "4-pin" ?
> > >

> > 3 pin, plugged into the M/B.
> >

> > > ñíñjà¤têç
> > > ---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
>
> Download this file:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Products/Oemtest/v1.1/WOSTest/Tools/Acpi/dumppo.exe

> Then, from this post in Google, execute from a DOS prompt:
>
> dumppo.exe admin /ac minsleep=s3
>
> Typing in just "dumppo.exe" will list out the cmd
> line options (albeit without any explanations)
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Thanks Paul,
The "dumppo.exe works.
More Info here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=edgY4AxxBHA.2552%40tkmsftngp04&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dxp_S3_standby_exe
My computer now shuts the fans off when I
press the "Sleep Button"
Tom

"Tom R" <tom42344@snotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are there any "hidden" bios settings in the
> A7N8X-X ? I am trying to find the setting
> to turn the M/B fans off when I press the "Sleep"
> button.
> I seem to remember on some boards that I
> had to press a combination of keys, instead of
> just the "del" key to get to the advanced settings.
> Also what should the CPU temp. be, Asus Probe and
> SiSoftware Sandra both are reporting about 122 F.

You'll need to go into Standby mode S3 for that (maybe S1 as well).