S/PDIF is not working on A7V600

ramesh

I have A7v600 / AMD cpu mb. S/PDIF is not working.
This is how I am testing S/PDIF. I have Archos AV120 which can take
S/PDIF input and record it. I connected S/PDIF output of computer to
Archos and started recording. I do not get anything. MB has SoundMAX
on it. I found fallowing their site.

*******
19 I don't get audio out of the left (or right) speaker.

Certain Asus motherboards were shipped without "jumpers" set to their
normal default settings. This would cause audio to not work or to only
work in one speaker. Check your motherboard for the correct jumper
settings.

http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMAX/soundMAXSupportFAQ.html#jackssharing
******

Does anybody know about this missing jumper setting?

Pls help in diagnosing this problem.

Thanks
Ramesh

Paul

Splendid

In article <45ad1436.0404101554.5ca8fb3c@posting.google.com>,
asnowfall@hotmail.com (Ramesh) wrote:

> I have A7v600 / AMD cpu mb. S/PDIF is not working.
> This is how I am testing S/PDIF. I have Archos AV120 which can take
> S/PDIF input and record it. I connected S/PDIF output of computer to
> Archos and started recording. I do not get anything. MB has SoundMAX
> on it. I found fallowing their site.
>
> *******
> 19 I don't get audio out of the left (or right) speaker.
>
> Certain Asus motherboards were shipped without "jumpers" set to their
> normal default settings. This would cause audio to not work or to only
> work in one speaker. Check your motherboard for the correct jumper
> settings.

http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMAX/soundMAXSupportFAQ.html#jackssharing
> ******
>
> Does anybody know about this missing jumper setting?
>

> Pls help in diagnosing this problem.
>
> Thanks
> Ramesh

Look for item #11 in the manual - the FP_AUDIO header has two
jumpers:

Connects Line_Out_R to BLine_Out_R
Connects Line_Out_L to BLine_Out_L

This has nothing to do with SPDIF, but would affect the lime colored
Line_Out connector on the back of the computer.

Check this page, for mention of an "Advanced" button. Maybe
SPDIF enable is buried in there somewhere:

http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMax/soundMaxSupportFAQ.html#mixer

HTH,
Paul