I bought a new PC, with a SIS 900 Lan adapter. I installed the drivers disk, and since then my PC is running slowly, using 100% of its C.P.U power (as shown in the TaskManager).

In addition, even though the Lan adapter seems Ok in the DeviceManager, I cannot be connected to the internet using it. The physical address is Null.

At that time I didn't know it was caused by the drivers. I formatted the PC, and then it was all fine until I installed that disk again and since then the PC has the same problem.

I uninstall the Lan adapter, restart the PC, and for a short time it's fine but then jumps back to 100%.
This procedure occur each time.
(Windows re-install the device automaticly).

Please tell me what to do (if it's drivers, where can I find them?)
Can I cancel Windows Plug@Play for this device?

Thank you very much.

You can disable it in the bios. Have you went to the mother board
manufacture and looked for new drivers...?

"SOS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I bought a new PC, with a SIS 900 Lan adapter. I installed the drivers
disk, and since then my PC is running slowly, using 100% of its C.P.U power
(as shown in the TaskManager).

> In addition, even though the Lan adapter seems Ok in the DeviceManager, I
cannot be connected to the internet using it. The physical address is Null.

> At that time I didn't know it was caused by the drivers. I formatted the
PC, and then it was all fine until I installed that disk again and since
then the PC has the same problem.

> I uninstall the Lan adapter, restart the PC, and for a short time it's
fine but then jumps back to 100%.
> This procedure occur each time.
> (Windows re-install the device automaticly).
>
> Please tell me what to do (if it's drivers, where can I find them?)
> Can I cancel Windows Plug@Play for this device?
>
> Thank you very much.

First of all, thank you for the help.

I heard by now that there is a problem with Windows XP and SIS 900 Lan adapters.
I tried to find new drivers, but couldn't find anyhing better than what I already had...(maybe I don't know where to search...)
Can you please give me some links?
Anyway, I disabled that device, but now the PC is slow again after a short period. So it might be something else. But it is that Motherboard drivers disk for sure.
I think that applications called svchost.exe and system which running improperly cause the PC to run slowly. After I installed that disk, those applications takes together 98% of the P.C.U power.
Can you think of any solution?

Did you disable the lan in bios or xp. Try www.driverguide.com

Try turning off all startup program and see if it returns to normal.
start>run>msconfig then click the startup tab and uncheck all and reboot.