Counter Strike Source Lag on Broadband

>What resolution and detail setting are you running? What drivers are
you using?
>Omega drivers seem to be best for HL2/CS:S. Is the poor performance
just in CS:S
>or does it affect HL2 and other high spec games?

I've tried setting it to the lowest settings possible and I still get
low FPS..but about 20, rather than 10..I've also taken all the
Advanced stuff down, and it didnt help, its back to recommended
settings...

HL2 runs fine, other games run fine too...

I've just upgraded to the latest drivers for my card from ATI.com, and
still no good..

I tried running 1.6, and thats runs great.!!

Resolution wise, I tried 800x600...which my card (Asus Radeon 9800xt)
should be more than good enough to run...

Cheers for the help.!!
2 answers Last reply
More about counter strike source broadband

    "Putim" <PutimGlisssp@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >What resolution and detail setting are you running? What drivers are
    > you using?
    >>Omega drivers seem to be best for HL2/CS:S. Is the poor performance
    > just in CS:S
    >>or does it affect HL2 and other high spec games?
    >
    > I've tried setting it to the lowest settings possible and I still get
    > low FPS..but about 20, rather than 10..I've also taken all the
    > Advanced stuff down, and it didnt help, its back to recommended
    > settings...
    >
    > HL2 runs fine, other games run fine too...
    >
    > I've just upgraded to the latest drivers for my card from ATI.com, and
    > still no good..
    >
    > I tried running 1.6, and thats runs great.!!
    >
    > Resolution wise, I tried 800x600...which my card (Asus Radeon 9800xt)
    > should be more than good enough to run...
    >
    > Cheers for the help.!!

    In that case, given that you re-downloaded the game, it must be something in
    your config file. Delete ...path to
    steam..\steamapps\<youraccount>\counterstrike source\cstrike\cfg\config.cfg and
    then run CS:S which will re-create a standard version then try it again without
    changing any settings and see if it helps.

    I had same problem .. i was getting fps around 20 with ati 9800 pro! i did
    this....

    open notepad.... copy and paste the next info into notepad...

    mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 1
    mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 0

    Now save as .......autoexec.cfg save it in your cs source config
    folder, usually at..
    C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\yournamehere\counter-strike
    source\cstrike\cfg

    Since i did this i now get fps between 40 and 110 ..its still not ideal but
    much better ;)

    hope this helps

Drivers Games Video Games