Cannot run two device installation error

Hi

OS : WINXP PRO 2002 SP1

When I try runnning "Add Hardware" wizard, I got a box
titled "Cannot run two device installation error" with the
following message "You can install only one device at a
time ... blah..blah..", but I've just booted the PC.

Here is what I've been trying to do : I have a 60GB USB
pocket drive. My machine recognized the drive, but unable
to allocate a drive letter automatically. So I'll have to
do it manually every time. I suspect it has got something
to do with Logical Disk Manager. So I'm trying to
install/reinstall the Logical Disk Manager driver. I know
there is no problem with the drive because it works well
with other XP machines. Any clue on how to get rid of the
message? Or better yet, how to resolve the problem with
the drive?

Regards.

I have exactly the same error, but i'm trying to install a USB network bridge. It's driving me mad because i have been working on it all week and followed other advice such as closing all other apps, virus and firewall software. I have downloaded hdvalet to clean the drive and jv16 power tools to clean the registry, get rid of extraneous files etc and nothing seems to work.

Please can someone give us a fix for this.

--
llim