Counter Strike Source Lag on Broadband

I've tried the AutoExec file...but still no good..

I seem to be getting a really bad FPS in all my games, I've just had a
look at Farcrys FPS and thats the same...

Why is my card not performing properly?

I've gone thru all the settings and everythings ok??

My CPU does run on the hot side, but will this effect FPS?

Everything looks beautiful on Farcry, but feels jerky, averaging about
20FPS..

I've also ran the CS Source Stress Test and that gave me an average of
19FPS, and it sent it to Valve...I'll bet they have a real laugh on my
part...

2.4 P4, 1Gb Ram, 9800xt....and he still cant play it...LOL....

How can I make sure that my card it doing what it should be? Tweaking
etc..

As ATI's control panel wont let me change much, and it's all set to
top performance...

Andrew

On 16 Jan 2005 01:35:30 -0800, PutimGlisssp@yahoo.co.uk (Putim) wrote:

>Why is my card not performing properly?

Have you got your motherboard drivers loaded? Have you got excessive
levels of FSAA/AF applied?

ok...below is a copy of my config..

//********CONFIG START********
unbindall
bind "TAB" "+showscores"
bind "ESCAPE" "cancelselect"
bind "SPACE" "+jump"
bind "," "buyammo1"
bind "0" "slot10"
bind "1" "slot1"
bind "2" "slot2"
bind "3" "slot3"
bind "4" "slot4"
bind "5" "slot5"
bind "6" "slot6"
bind "7" "slot7"
bind "8" "slot8"
bind "9" "slot9"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"
bind "a" "+moveleft"
bind "b" "buymenu"
bind "c" "+duck"
bind "d" "+moveright"
bind "e" "+use"
bind "f" "impulse 100"
bind "g" "drop"
bind "h" "commandmenu"
bind "i" "showbriefing"
bind "j" "cheer"
bind "m" "chooseteam"
bind "n" "nightvision"
bind "o" "buyequip"
bind "q" "lastinv"
bind "r" "+reload"
bind "s" "+back"
bind "t" "impulse 201"
bind "u" "messagemode2"
bind "w" "+forward"
bind "z" "radio1"
bind "SHIFT" "+speed"
bind "F1" "autobuy"
bind "F2" "rebuy"
bind "F4" "bug"
bind "F5" "jpeg"
bind "F6" "save quick"
bind "F7" "load quick"
// bind "F9" "rate 20000; cl_updaterate 100; cl_cmdrate 80; ex_interp 0.07"
// bind "F10" "rate 12000; cl_updaterate 80; cl_cmdrate 60; ex_interp 0.07"
// bind "F11" "rate 6500; cl_updaterate 50; cl_cmdrate 40; ex_interp 0.07"
bind "F12" "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy secammo; buy primammo; buy flashbang;
buy hegrenade; buy defuser; buy vesthelm"
bind "KP_ENTER" "messagemode"
bind "MWHEELDOWN" "invnext"
bind "MWHEELUP" "invprev"
bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"
bind "MOUSE2" "+attack2"
bind "MOUSE5" "+voicerecord"
bind "PAUSE" "pause"
muzzleflash_light "1"
cl_autowepswitch "1"
cl_autohelp "1"
cl_radartype "0"
cl_radaralpha "200"
cl_crosshaircolor "0"
cl_dynamiccrosshair "1"
cl_scalecrosshair "1"
cl_crosshairscale "1200"
cl_crosshairalpha "1000"
cl_crosshairusealpha "0"
spec_scoreboard "0"
cl_spec_mode "3"
cl_righthand "1"
cl_team "default"
cl_class "default"
closecaption "0"
cc_linger_time "1.0"
cc_predisplay_time "0.25"
cc_subtitles "0"
cc_lang ""
crosshair "1"
cl_observercrosshair "1"
cam_command "0"
cam_snapto "0"
cam_idealyaw "90"
cam_idealpitch "0"
cam_idealdist "64"
c_maxpitch "90"
c_minpitch "0"
c_maxyaw "135"
c_minyaw "-135"
c_maxdistance "200"
c_mindistance "30"
c_orthowidth "100"
c_orthoheight "100"
joy_name "joystick"
joy_forwardthreshold "0.15"
joy_sidethreshold "0.15"
joy_pitchthreshold "0.15"
joy_yawthreshold "0.15"
joy_forwardsensitivity "-1"
joy_sidesensitivity "-1"
joy_pitchsensitivity "1"
joy_yawsensitivity "-1"
joy_wingmanwarrier_centerhack "0"
joy_wingmanwarrier_turnhack "0"
joy_diagonalpov "0"
cl_upspeed "320"
cl_forwardspeed "400"
cl_backspeed "400"
lookspring "0"
lookstrafe "0"
joystick "0"
m_pitch "0.022"
m_filter "0"
sensitivity "10.929999"
m_side "0.8"
m_yaw "0.022"
m_forward "1"
m_customaccel "0"
m_customaccel_scale "0.04"
m_customaccel_max "0"
m_customaccel_exponent "1"
m_mouseaccel1 "0"
m_mouseaccel2 "0"
m_mousespeed "1"
cl_idealpitchscale "0.8"
net_graph "3"
net_scale "5"
net_graphpos "1"
net_graphsolid "1"
voice_modenable "1"
hud_fastswitch "1"
scene_showfaceto "0"
ai_report_task_timings_on_limit "0"
ai_think_limit_label "0"
npc_height_adjust "1"
scene_showlook "0"
scene_showmoveto "0"
func_break_max_pieces "15"
suitvolume "0.25"
sv_noclipaccelerate "5"
sv_noclipspeed "5"
sv_specaccelerate "5"
sv_specspeed "3"
sv_specnoclip "1"
sv_skyname "italy"
sv_backspeed "0.6"
voice_forcemicrecord "1"
voice_enable "1"
voice_scale "1"
snd_duckerthreshold "0.15"
snd_duckerreleasetime "2.5"
snd_duckerattacktime "0.5"
snd_ducktovolume "0.55"
adsp_debug "0"
dsp_dist_max "1440.0"
dsp_dist_min "0.0"
snd_mixahead "0.1"
snd_musicvolume "1.0"
volume "1.0"
snd_pitchquality "1"
sv_forcepreload "0"
sv_voiceenable "1"
sv_logbans "0"
sv_log_onefile "0"
sv_logecho "1"
sv_logfile "1"
sv_logsdir "logs"
dsp_enhance_stereo "0"
dsp_volume "1.0"
dsp_slow_cpu "0"
cl_allowupload "1"
mp_decals "300.000000"
r_drawmodelstatsoverlaymax "1.5"
r_drawmodelstatsoverlaymin "0.1"
r_eyesize "0"
r_eyeshift_z "0"
r_eyeshift_y "0"
r_eyeshift_x "0"
r_eyemove "1"
r_eyegloss "1"
skill "1"
r_aspectratio "0"
con_enable "1"
cl_allowdownload "1"
cl_forcepreload "0"
cl_soundfile "sound/player/jingle.wav"
cl_logofile "materials/vgui/logos/notocrack.vtf"
cl_timeout "30"
cl_showpluginmessages "1"
password ""
cl_cmdrate "50"
name "yourname"
cl_cmdbackup "2"
cl_updaterate "80"
sv_unlockedchapters "1"
bgmvolume "1"
vprof_unaccounted_limit "0.3"
vprof_verbose "1"
vprof_graphheight "256"
vprof_graphwidth "512"
texture_budget_background_alpha "128"
texture_budget_panel_bottom_of_history_fraction ".25"
texture_budget_panel_height "284"
texture_budget_panel_width "512"
texture_budget_panel_y "450"
texture_budget_panel_x "0"
budget_panel_height "384"
budget_panel_width "512"
budget_panel_y "50"
budget_panel_x "0"
budget_background_alpha "128"
budget_bargraph_range_ms "16.6666666667"
budget_panel_bottom_of_history_fraction ".25"
budget_history_range_ms "66.666666667"
budget_history_numsamplesvisible "100"
budget_show_history "1"
budget_show_averages "0"
budget_show_peaks "1"
budget_averages_window "30"
budget_peaks_window "30"
budget_bargraph_background_alpha "128"
//*******CONFIG END*************

as you can see above :-
// bind "F9" "rate 20000; cl_updaterate 100; cl_cmdrate 80; ex_interp 0.07"
// bind "F10" "rate 12000; cl_updaterate 80; cl_cmdrate 60; ex_interp 0.07"
// bind "F11" "rate 6500; cl_updaterate 50; cl_cmdrate 40; ex_interp 0.07"
you can remove '//' and use F9, F10, F11 to adjust your rates in game if
you wish.
I also have MOUSE5 button bound to talk in game..you can change this bind to
suit yourself.
Also F12 is bound to autobuy.

Goto your cs source config folder...usually at.. C:\Program
Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\yournamehere\counter-strike
source\cstrike\cfg
Rename a file called config.cfg to config.bak
If you have file there called autoexec.cfg rename it to autoexec.bak ( this
will allow to put your original configs back if you need to later....just
rename them back to thier original names)
Now open notepad and copy and paste the above config into notepad, now save
as config.cfg into your cs source folder (C:\Program
Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\yournamehere\counter-strike
source\cstrike\cfg).

Now open notepad again and paste this into it.......

mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 1
mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 0

Save the file into you cs source config folder as above, as autoex.cfg.

I am getting fatastic FPS now....im not sure if it is my actual system
settings or my config file making the difference.
Let me know if this helps ;)
Regards
zSteve

"zSteve" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:<42038a4f$0$19161$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>...
> ok...below is a copy of my config..

Would a high CPU Temp effect the performance? I've recently fitted a
new Heat Sink (a quieter one)...and I think the clips on the
motherboard maybe loose...

This could be causing a slight gap between the mobo and CPU...

I've installed motherboard monitor and the CPU hovers around 62
(idle)...and about 74!!! (playing games)...

I tried installing a double exhust to get rid of excess Case heat, and
it brought it down a little..but it still ran badly.....

Gonna try a format anyway and see if it's software related,

Only thing is CounterStrike 1.6 runs fine, and a FPS of around 60-70,
which I'm guessing is decent????

Thanks for the help people.!!

PutimGlisssp@yahoo.co.uk (Putim) wrote in message news:<5ea7bdf8.0502101436.7a6aecd9@posting.google.com>...
> "zSteve" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:<42038a4f$0$19161$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>...
> > ok...below is a copy of my config..
> >
> Would a high CPU Temp effect the performance? I've recently fitted a
> new Heat Sink (a quieter one)...and I think the clips on the
> motherboard maybe loose...
>
> This could be causing a slight gap between the mobo and CPU...
>
> I've installed motherboard monitor and the CPU hovers around 62
> (idle)...and about 74!!! (playing games)...
>
> I tried installing a double exhust to get rid of excess Case heat, and
> it brought it down a little..but it still ran badly.....

Installed new Mobo.! Problem sorted.! 60-80fps...