Toner residue when printing - HPLJ 2200DN

I have had my HP LaserJet 2200DN for a little over a year without any
problems until now. When printing, pages are left with some toner
residue on various parts of the page.

Is this because of a bad toner cartridge, or perhaps a dirty roller?
How do I go about repairing this problem?

Your input is appreciated.
--

Regards,
Matt

    Do half print test:

    Use the MP Tray for a Test page.
    When the paper is almost disappears, lift the cover to stop the print.
    Remove the toner cartridge carefully.
    Inspect the print out. If the smudges are there, it is the Toner
    cartridge. If not. Fuser's Fixing film most likely.

    Dewaine

    * Dewaine Chan <dchanNOSPAM@NOSPAM>:
    : cartridge. If not. Fuser's Fixing film most likely.
    :

    So if it's the fuser, will I have to replace it, or is there a way to
    clean it?

    Thanks!

    --

    Regards,
    Matt

Printers Hewlett Packard Laserjet Peripherals