Asus P4C800 Deluxe: "Bus controller of system administrati..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.computer (More info?)

Hi,
I have just formatted my HD and in Device Manager I now see a yellow
question mark about "Bus controller of system administration".
Why?
I already have installed the motherboard drivers and audio drivers but
I have that problem. What have I precisely to install, please?
thanks

bye Fogar

Paul

Splendid

In article <l5eq70hoinrgmrh7nflm8h3hscog9gk3cc@4ax.com>, alvmos@tin.it wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just formatted my HD and in Device Manager I now see a yellow
> question mark about "Bus controller of system administration".
> Why?
> I already have installed the motherboard drivers and audio drivers but
> I have that problem. What have I precisely to install, please?
> thanks
>
> bye Fogar

SMBus is a serial bus that is used to query devices on your motherboard.
It is connected to all the DIMMs and reads the Serial Presence Detect
(SPD EEPROM) that holds the DIMM timings. It is also connected to the
monitor chip that is checking the voltages, temperatures, and fan
speeds.

When looking in Device Manager, the SMBus Controller entry might be
in the same section as the AGP interface, USB ports, and other
Northbridge/Southbridge devices. As a result, I would try loading
the Intel INFINST set of motherboard drivers. Most of the time,
these are already present when you install Windows.

On the Download page:

http://www.asus.it/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800%20Deluxe&Type=All

it would be, for example, "Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation
Utility V5.02.1003. " Filename = inf5021003.zip .

If you wish a more recent file, directly from Intel, for the 875 chipset:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=1043

INFINST.EXE (1428KB) 5.1.1.1002

HTH,
Paul

Fogar schrieb:

> Hi,
> I have just formatted my HD and in Device Manager I now see a yellow
> question mark about "Bus controller of system administration".

I guess that's the SMBus controller.

> Why?
> I already have installed the motherboard drivers and audio drivers but
> I have that problem. What have I precisely to install, please?

This should go away once the chipset drivers (i.e. the Intel INF Update)
are installed.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.computer (More info?)

Thanks very much, It now is ok.