Slow to boot

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 14, 2004 10:05:58 PM

On booting with a P4P 400 deluxe, once past the POST test, the system pauses
for ages, well like 20 seconds before it starts its windows run.

I have an XP box using ata drives of which there are 3 ata and one sata
drive

the bios beeps twice before loading

Any suggestions ?

Pleb

More about : slow boot

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2004 8:07:22 PM

"The Plebism" <theplebismSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On booting with a P4P 400 deluxe, once past the POST test, the system
pauses
> for ages, well like 20 seconds before it starts its windows run.
>
> I have an XP box using ata drives of which there are 3 ata and one sata
> drive
>
> the bios beeps twice before loading

The only two-beep code I know of is memory related.
Check you haven't got parity enabled in the memory
section of the BIOS and try:
http://www.memtest86.com
One cause of slow Windows startup is incorrect network
settings (usually DHCP not configured properly).
HTH
--
Rob
Anonymous

Thanks

will do

It has now gained an extra bleep - two bleeps followed by a third in a lower
tone

It then does the same beep sequence just past the bios post

Odd !

Pleb

!