latency

Hi
I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then the
other players.
When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
Is there a way to get this down.
Thanks Andrew
6 answers Last reply
More about latency

    "Rowlie" <rowlie.man@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then the
    > other players.
    > When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
    > Is there a way to get this down.

    What connection do you have and what rate setting are you using?

    type cl_cmdrate into the console while playing and see what it is set to then do
    the same for cl_updaterate and just rate then have a look at this site
    http://games.saix.net/guide_counter_strike.php
    it was written for CS but also works for CS:S

    If you still have problems then get back to us with your system spec and rate
    settings, it could be graphics card related or connection related.

    Rowlie <rowlie.man@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then
    the
    > other players.
    > When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
    > Is there a way to get this down.
    > Thanks Andrew

    Don't change weapons during shootouts. Hide behind a wall instead

    Firstly, go away and learn how to communicate properly, then we can start
    trying to help.

    "Rowlie" <rowlie.man@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then
    the
    > other players.
    > When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
    > Is there a way to get this down.
    > Thanks Andrew

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Rowlie wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more
    > then the other players.
    > When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
    > Is there a way to get this down.
    > Thanks Andrew

    Where is the server relative to you? I'm in Australia with a fast (1500/256)
    connection and can play on Australian servers but the latency on
    international servers is too high for comfortable play.

    --
    damien clan .
    @ mcbain com

    there's no place like 127.0.0.1
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Sponge wrote:
    > Firstly, go away and learn how to communicate properly, then we can
    > start trying to help.

    I've never seen you help anyone you sheep rooting kiwi wanker.

    --
    damien clan .
    @ mcbain com

    there's no place like 127.0.0.1
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    In article <41f8b2aa$0$25496$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    01.iinet.net.au>, ask@me.for.it says...

    > The lowest ping CS Source European server I can see is 207.145.50.69:27015,
    > dunno where it is. That ping is from the server list. Next best is 247.

    207.145.50.69 is NOT in Europe.

Latency Games Video Games