latency

Hi
I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then the
other players.
When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
Is there a way to get this down.
Thanks Andrew

"Rowlie" <rowlie.man@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then the
> other players.
> When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
> Is there a way to get this down.

What connection do you have and what rate setting are you using?

type cl_cmdrate into the console while playing and see what it is set to then do
the same for cl_updaterate and just rate then have a look at this site
http://games.saix.net/guide_counter_strike.php
it was written for CS but also works for CS:S

If you still have problems then get back to us with your system spec and rate
settings, it could be graphics card related or connection related.

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Rowlie <rowlie.man@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more then
the
> other players.
> When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
> Is there a way to get this down.
> Thanks Andrew

Don't change weapons during shootouts. Hide behind a wall instead

Firstly, go away and learn how to communicate properly, then we can start
trying to help.

Rowlie wrote:
> Hi
> I have started to play C.S, but the latency is about 50 to 100 more
> then the other players.
> When there is a shot out i seen to be dead the time i lift the gun.
> Is there a way to get this down.
> Thanks Andrew

Where is the server relative to you? I'm in Australia with a fast (1500/256)
connection and can play on Australian servers but the latency on
international servers is too high for comfortable play.

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

Sponge wrote:
> Firstly, go away and learn how to communicate properly, then we can
> start trying to help.

I've never seen you help anyone you sheep rooting kiwi wanker.

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

Mike

Splendid

In article <41f8b2aa$0$25496$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au>, ask@me.for.it says...

> The lowest ping CS Source European server I can see is 207.145.50.69:27015,
> dunno where it is. That ping is from the server list. Next best is 247.

207.145.50.69 is NOT in Europe.