Digital VCR no sound when NOT recording

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

First of all, Sorry if this is OT. There does not seem to be any other
place for Asus support.

I just got an Asus 9800XT Video card it works great I am very happy with it.

My problem is with the Digital VCR software that came with the card. It
records perfectly but when watching TV with it there is no sound. If I turn
on Line-In volume I get sound but then it is always on even when Digital VCR
is off or while sound from a recording is being played.
Thanks for your time

My system (in case its relevent)
MB: Soyo kt400 Dragon Ultra Platinum (Cmedia sound chip)
PS: Enermax 450W (I think)
CPU: XP2000 @ 1750 (140 X 12.5)
RAM: Crucial PC2700 512MB
Video: Asus 9800XT (Cat 4.4) Asus WDM driver
HD: WD 120GB 8MB cache
cdrw: Liteon
DVD: Liteon
OS: Windows XP Pro (updated)

"Dave" <send@mail.here> wrote in message
> First of all, Sorry if this is OT. There does not seem to be any other
> place for Asus support.
>
> I just got an Asus 9800XT Video card it works great I am very happy with
it.

> My problem is with the Digital VCR software that came with the card. It
> records perfectly but when watching TV with it there is no sound. If I
turn
> on Line-In volume I get sound but then it is always on even when Digital
VCR
> is off or while sound from a recording is being played.
> Thanks for your time
>
> My system (in case its relevent)
> MB: Soyo kt400 Dragon Ultra Platinum (Cmedia sound chip)
> PS: Enermax 450W (I think)
> CPU: XP2000 @ 1750 (140 X 12.5)
> RAM: Crucial PC2700 512MB
> Video: Asus 9800XT (Cat 4.4) Asus WDM driver
> HD: WD 120GB 8MB cache
> cdrw: Liteon
> DVD: Liteon
> OS: Windows XP Pro (updated)

http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><><>

What have you done to try to fix the problem?
i.e. installed latest drivers for your sound and video.
you might also try the alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati group

Jim Manning

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

> What have you done to try to fix the problem?
> i.e. installed latest drivers for your sound and video.
> you might also try the alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati group
>
> Jim Manning

I have the latest drivers for both my video and sound cards.
I have tried different inputs in the mixer and looked at all of the options
in the program setup.
but since I do not know what the correct settings are it is difficult to
know if it is set right

TRENDING THREADS