USB Mass storage problem ! drice not showing up !

mark

I'm using a mass storage device (mp3 player) into my USB
port. My work PC accepts it and it works okay (same spec
as my home PC)

My home PC accepts it but doesnt show a drive (E:).
However if i unplug it from the USB port the drives
flashes up and then disappaers ????

Ive uninstalled and installed but ive still got the same
problem. I havent got anything plugged in to the other
USB port when i do this.

Everything else seems to work on the USB port fine ?

With the device connected, right click on My Computer and select Manage. On
the following screen, click on Disk Management.

It should now show up on the right hand side of the screen..... assign it a
drive letter.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com
<mark@dontworry.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm using a mass storage device (mp3 player) into my USB
> port. My work PC accepts it and it works okay (same spec
> as my home PC)
>
> My home PC accepts it but doesnt show a drive (E:).
> However if i unplug it from the USB port the drives
> flashes up and then disappaers ????
>
> Ive uninstalled and installed but ive still got the same
> problem. I havent got anything plugged in to the other
> USB port when i do this.
>
> Everything else seems to work on the USB port fine ?

Tim

"Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message news:<eACC8gULEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> With the device connected, right click on My Computer and select Manage. On
> the following screen, click on Disk Management.
>
> It should now show up on the right hand side of the screen..... assign it a
> drive letter.
>
> --

Excellent - solved my problem too! Although I don't understand why a
drive letter wasn't automatically assigned...could be because it
wanted to use F: which is already mapped to a server.

Tim

TRENDING THREADS