second hard drive not fully recognized

April 28, 2004 1:21:05 PM

Hi,

I installed at 2nd HD 20 Gb Western Digital on my computer running XP Pro. It only recognizes 7 gig, I'm unable to use the 13 gig. Is there a fix for this.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 2:41:24 PM

Check the website of your motherboard manufacturer for a BIOS update.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"mark34" <markabber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed at 2nd HD 20 Gb Western Digital on my computer running XP Pro.
> It only recognizes 7 gig, I'm unable to use the 13 gig. Is there a fix
> for this.
April 28, 2004 9:50:26 PM

What size does the bios think it is? If the bios sees it as 20 gig then you
need to go into Disk Management and repartition and format.

"mark34" <markabber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed at 2nd HD 20 Gb Western Digital on my computer running XP Pro.
It only recognizes 7 gig, I'm unable to use the 13 gig. Is there a fix for
this.

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 9:50:27 PM

The funny thing is when I had XP w/o service pack 1 the entire drive was seen after installing xp sp1 only 7 gig is avaiable. I did reformat but to no avail. I even tried partion magic it sees the whole drive but it is unable to merge it with the 7 gig that's recognized.
!