Bots available for Source

Today's update has added bots to the game.

Is this meant to be GOOD news?

Now when I play on a server, thinking that there are other players
there, I could end up playing against robots. CS is a MULTI player game.

* windsor wrote:
> Today's update has added bots to the game.
>
> Is this meant to be GOOD news?

I think so. Playing on LAN with only few players is boring for me, so I
like to use bots. Sometimes it is handy if you start up an internet
server to make it appear ppl playing, then when someone else joins you
get rid of bots. Like, 1 players by (him/her)self is boring while
waiting, but bots give you something to do.

> Now when I play on a server, thinking that there are other players
> there, I could end up playing against robots. CS is a MULTI player game.

That also happen(ed/s) occassionally in v1.6 and earlier. I reckon they
will add a filter to distinguish bot servers.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet@piggo.com

"windsor" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
> Today's update has added bots to the game.
>
> Is this meant to be GOOD news?
>
> Now when I play on a server, thinking that there are other players
> there, I could end up playing against robots. CS is a MULTI player game.

Jesus, you're cynical.

For every bot in a CS:S game, you'll see the word "BOT" in place of a number
in the latency column when you press the tab key. Do you really think the
developers hadn't realised the potential issue you're suggesting?

Easy solution ....Don't join a server that you see bots in .

--
Bandulu

.................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
pressure.........
........................the most important thing is not to crack...........

Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more......

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> "windsor" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
>> Today's update has added bots to the game.
>>
>> Is this meant to be GOOD news?
>>
>> Now when I play on a server, thinking that there are other players
>> there, I could end up playing against robots. CS is a MULTI player game.
>
> Jesus, you're cynical.
>
> For every bot in a CS:S game, you'll see the word "BOT" in place of a
> number
> in the latency column when you press the tab key. Do you really think the
> developers hadn't realised the potential issue you're suggesting?

You just a numb nuts...

Maybe you should do some research before posting, you show how much of an
idiot you are.

Bandulu wrote:
> Easy solution ....Don't join a server that you see bots in .
>

> "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> "windsor" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
>>> Today's update has added bots to the game.
>>>
>>> Is this meant to be GOOD news?
>>>
>>> Now when I play on a server, thinking that there are other players
>>> there, I could end up playing against robots. CS is a MULTI player
>>> game.
>>
>> Jesus, you're cynical.
>>
>> For every bot in a CS:S game, you'll see the word "BOT" in place of a
>> number
>> in the latency column when you press the tab key. Do you really
>> think the developers hadn't realised the potential issue you're
>> suggesting?

Whilst i don't mind playing against bots, it would be nice to see on the
serverlist how many human players there are, rather than just that there are
a total of say 12 out of 16, as 10 of those could be bots, and you only know
when you connect.

--
Bigjobs

Just in case people still werent sure how to spot bots before playing a
server:

have the "bot" column open in ur server browser, its been there since
css was released, it now works properly.

if you want to know how many bots are playing, open up the Server Info
window and the bots all have a time of -1