P4P800 Deluxe takes long to boot

It takes unusual long to get to the screen where you select system to boot.

The sequence and time taken:
1. Asus logo screen, stays there for 30 seconds
2. Via Tech screen, stays there for 5 seconds
3. Blank screen with a cursor, stays there for 35 seconds
4. Windows system selector (I have dual boot)
Compare to all the systems I have worked on, this one takes the longest
(with the fastest processor).

I wonder if I have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks for any sugguestions,

cpliu
3 answers Last reply
More about p4p800 deluxe takes long boot

    Hi,
    my P4C800-e Delux takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 3+ minutes to boot.

    As yet I've been unable to figure out why.

    Bill

    "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It takes unusual long to get to the screen where you select system to
    boot.

    > The sequence and time taken:
    > 1. Asus logo screen, stays there for 30 seconds
    > 2. Via Tech screen, stays there for 5 seconds
    > 3. Blank screen with a cursor, stays there for 35 seconds
    > 4. Windows system selector (I have dual boot)
    > Compare to all the systems I have worked on, this one takes the longest
    > (with the fastest processor).
    >
    > I wonder if I have something set up incorrectly.
    >
    > Thanks for any sugguestions,
    >

    > cpliu

    Hi,

    Use the correct pata/sata settings in the bios.
    Mostly set it to pata-sata (not pata only) if using pata disk.

    Regards,

    Vincent

    "wfs" <wfs4@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > my P4C800-e Delux takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 3+ minutes to
    boot.

    > As yet I've been unable to figure out why.
    >
    > Bill
    >

    > "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > It takes unusual long to get to the screen where you select system to
    > boot.
    > >
    > > The sequence and time taken:
    > > 1. Asus logo screen, stays there for 30 seconds
    > > 2. Via Tech screen, stays there for 5 seconds
    > > 3. Blank screen with a cursor, stays there for 35 seconds
    > > 4. Windows system selector (I have dual boot)
    > > Compare to all the systems I have worked on, this one takes the longest
    > > (with the fastest processor).
    > >
    > > I wonder if I have something set up incorrectly.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any sugguestions,
    > >

    > > cpliu

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:18:46 +0200, "vh" <vh@nospam.no> wrote:

    if no sata is present, try to set ide to master slave setting rather
    than cable select...or viceversa...

Asus Boot Motherboards