P4P800 Deluxe takes long to boot

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 17, 2004 10:33:54 AM

It takes unusual long to get to the screen where you select system to boot.

The sequence and time taken:
1. Asus logo screen, stays there for 30 seconds
2. Via Tech screen, stays there for 5 seconds
3. Blank screen with a cursor, stays there for 35 seconds
4. Windows system selector (I have dual boot)
Compare to all the systems I have worked on, this one takes the longest
(with the fastest processor).

I wonder if I have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks for any sugguestions,

cpliu
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 17, 2004 2:10:59 PM

Hi,
my P4C800-e Delux takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 3+ minutes to boot.

As yet I've been unable to figure out why.

Bill

"cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It takes unusual long to get to the screen where you select system to
boot.

> The sequence and time taken:
> 1. Asus logo screen, stays there for 30 seconds
> 2. Via Tech screen, stays there for 5 seconds
> 3. Blank screen with a cursor, stays there for 35 seconds
> 4. Windows system selector (I have dual boot)
> Compare to all the systems I have worked on, this one takes the longest
> (with the fastest processor).
>
> I wonder if I have something set up incorrectly.
>
> Thanks for any sugguestions,
>

> cpliu
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 17, 2004 4:18:46 PM

Hi,

Use the correct pata/sata settings in the bios.
Mostly set it to pata-sata (not pata only) if using pata disk.

Regards,

Vincent

"wfs" <wfs4@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> my P4C800-e Delux takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 3+ minutes to
boot.

> As yet I've been unable to figure out why.
>
> Bill
>

> "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > It takes unusual long to get to the screen where you select system to
> boot.
> >
> > The sequence and time taken:
> > 1. Asus logo screen, stays there for 30 seconds
> > 2. Via Tech screen, stays there for 5 seconds
> > 3. Blank screen with a cursor, stays there for 35 seconds
> > 4. Windows system selector (I have dual boot)
> > Compare to all the systems I have worked on, this one takes the longest
> > (with the fastest processor).
> >
> > I wonder if I have something set up incorrectly.
> >
> > Thanks for any sugguestions,
> >

> > cpliu

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 20, 2004 9:23:41 AM

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:18:46 +0200, "vh" <vh@nospam.no> wrote:

if no sata is present, try to set ide to master slave setting rather
than cable select...or viceversa...
!