MP3 player not detected

I recently but not too recently reformatted my computer
including reinstalling Windows XP. I plugged in my MP3
player and for some reason it does not detect it. Before
I had reformatted it was detected just fine and
everything worked. I have installed SP1a and all the
available updates that I think might have anything to do
with USB. I'm not sure what the problem is. Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about player detected

    You need to install the software that came with the MP3 player, or download
    the latest drivers/software from the website of the manufacturer of your MP3
    player.

    Bobby

    "Ryan" <ryan_krueger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I recently but not too recently reformatted my computer
    > including reinstalling Windows XP. I plugged in my MP3
    > player and for some reason it does not detect it. Before
    > I had reformatted it was detected just fine and
    > everything worked. I have installed SP1a and all the
    > available updates that I think might have anything to do
    > with USB. I'm not sure what the problem is. Please help.

MP3 Windows XP