Can I get some help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
Hi all.
Some friends of mine and I want to make some videos, and we were wondering what hardware and software do y'all recommend? Especially low-budget stuff, at least for now. We're only just trying to get started and all.

Please help.

<font color=black><i>Life is only as fun as you make it.</i></font color=black>

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you probably want to start with an ATI All in Wonder card of some fashion.
they come with some software.
also, do a search of tomshardware.com for video editing, flaskmpeg and read.
there are loads of information on there and links to pages that go into more depth.

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
Thanx for gettin back to me. :smile:

I'll have to tell my room mate about what you said. This place is all just too technical for me, but maybe she'll have better luck readin the articles and things.

Ain't there some simple computer we can get or somethin though? Or do we have to learn all these technical things?

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know of a single computer you can buy to do all this.
you're going to have to learn some of it, yea. either that or you'll have huge low quality videos.

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
Bummer. Oh well. Thanx anyway hun. I guess I'll just have to learn.

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Sara-

My suggestion is:

You put on one of your hottest club dresses. Walk in to your local small business computer store. The kind that is owned/operated by a 35 year old geek. Use the magic that nature has bestowed on you, and get him to help you out.

At the very least, I expect he will build your system for you for free. But, he may also offer discount prices on hardware/software also.

If you don't get too much help from the first guy, try another. Lots of computer stores out there.

Women get a lot of advantages in life, due to male hormones. I think your aware of this. I'm not complaining, men have advantages too. Besides, most men like it when they get taken by a beautiful woman, anyhow.

<i>Smoking is the cure for old age</i>

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
That ain't such a bad idea hun. I just might have to do it... with a little help from my friends too. :wink: But first I'd wanna know what'll work good an what we'd need. Or else I might just end up with junk.

An yeah, it ain't always fair what gals can get away with, but I ain't complaining. :smile:

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest that you stop bugging us and leave or anything like that. In fact, I hope you stay even after you worked out your hardware prob.

Don't expect a ton of help from me. I'm not as dumb as I look, but close :wink: You have got my attention, though. And I will help if I can.

I still think your best option is an in person visit to some poor helpless geek, but ask us before giving him any money. So we can make sure he is not trying to outsmart you.

p.s. Pay no attention to my sign., just legal crap.

<font color=blue>I can not be held responsible for anything I say. I am legally insane.</font color=blue>

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
Well it's a good idea hun. Sammi and I just got back from a long camping trip and we're dying to jump back into the techno world. You know, flushing toilets, showers, tv, computers, and all that fun. :smile: So I might be able to talk Sammi into heading out this week on the hunt for what we need. If we get out to computer shops I'll be sure to get your advice. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.