Strange printer problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
April 12, 2004 4:15:04 PM

I am helping a user over the phone who is trying to print to an HP 960
printer. He is using it on a laptop with Windows XP. He's never had
problems with it before yesterday.

But now, every print job fails to print on the bottom half of the last
page, no matter how many total pages it is. And when I have him check
Printers & Faxes afterward, it indicates that the print job went through,
and none are pending. However, when he shuts down the laptop, the 960
starts printing the the document again, and this time the last page prints
successfully.

Reinstalling the printer driver makes no difference. He does not have
access to any other printers or any other computers. Now I have to decide
whether to have him replace the laptop, or to replace the printer.

On the basis of the above-descrived issue, which of the two components is
most likely at fault? TIA!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
April 13, 2004 4:21:14 AM

Did you miss out on Step 4? If so, all you've accomplished is reinstalling
the corrupted drivers..

www.coribright.com

!