Hard Drive not recognized

I just had to reinstall Windows XP and when I reloaded
everything, my second hard drive is not being
recognized. It did before. Now the device manager says
it is working properly but it is not showing up in My
Computer. When I look at the device manager, it shows
the "device usage" grayed out. What in the world can I
do?
4 answers Last reply
More about hard drive recognized

    OH MY GOSH!!! im haveing the exact same problem. i re-loaded the OS and NO 2nd hardrive? i wish someone would respond to this...cause i got 60 gigs not showing up.

    Use the Storage Manager to partition & format your new disk.

    "RC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I just had to reinstall Windows XP and when I reloaded
    > everything, my second hard drive is not being
    > recognized. It did before. Now the device manager says
    > it is working properly but it is not showing up in My
    > Computer. When I look at the device manager, it shows
    > the "device usage" grayed out. What in the world can I
    > do?

    It sounds like the poster was able to see the disk before the reload of XP
    so it's not a new disk. What is "Storage Manager"?
    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    > Use the Storage Manager to partition & format your new disk.
    >

    > "RC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I just had to reinstall Windows XP and when I reloaded
    > > everything, my second hard drive is not being
    > > recognized. It did before. Now the device manager says
    > > it is working properly but it is not showing up in My
    > > Computer. When I look at the device manager, it shows
    > > the "device usage" grayed out. What in the world can I
    > > do?

    Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Storage

    "Duh" <nospam@spammer.com> wrote in message
    > It sounds like the poster was able to see the disk before the reload of XP
    > so it's not a new disk. What is "Storage Manager"?
    > "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    > > Use the Storage Manager to partition & format your new disk.
    > >

    > > "RC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I just had to reinstall Windows XP and when I reloaded
    > > > everything, my second hard drive is not being
    > > > recognized. It did before. Now the device manager says
    > > > it is working properly but it is not showing up in My
    > > > Computer. When I look at the device manager, it shows
    > > > the "device usage" grayed out. What in the world can I
    > > > do?

Device Manager Hard Drives Windows XP