Modem Installation - lost file (modem.cpl)

Windows 98 second edition - installed new modem OK.
Instaled "adaware" and identified 117 files to be deleted -
deleted them.
Log on to Outlook and the system would not dial up "MODEM
not installed" speak to hardware supplier.
Modem is there on the system and so are all the ports.
Further investigation and the system
identifies "modem.cpl" missing.

I assume that adaware has identified thios file and I have
deleted it - how can I get the file back - do I have to re-
install windows 98?

Window 98 Modem driver is not compatible with XP.
Install the XP drivers

BTW: This is for XP hardware questions only!!!

"Alan Corkhill" <alaancorkhill@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> Windows 98 second edition - installed new modem OK.
> Instaled "adaware" and identified 117 files to be deleted -
> deleted them.
> Log on to Outlook and the system would not dial up "MODEM
> not installed" speak to hardware supplier.
> Modem is there on the system and so are all the ports.
> Further investigation and the system
> identifies "modem.cpl" missing.
>
> I assume that adaware has identified thios file and I have
> deleted it - how can I get the file back - do I have to re-
> install windows 98?

TRENDING THREADS