Cannot recognize DVD's

i have an LG - 4480B dvd cdrw combo drive... i used to
watch DVD's on my pc... its been a long time tho...now,
whenever i put on a DVD... its just spins when select the
drive it says : "Please insert disc"... wat could be the
problem??? btw, i have tried other DVD's too... but no
avail..

HELP WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED!

Tariq

Tariq, what DvD Software are you using? Try uninstalling and looking for
an updated version or updates
to your version.
"Tariq Rauf" <tariq_m5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i have an LG - 4480B dvd cdrw combo drive... i used to
> watch DVD's on my pc... its been a long time tho...now,
> whenever i put on a DVD... its just spins when select the
> drive it says : "Please insert disc"... wat could be the
> problem??? btw, i have tried other DVD's too... but no
> avail..
>
> HELP WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED!
>
> Tariq

Had same problem with LG DVDRom 8160b were 1 out 10 dvdroms would be recognized and play okay, but most would not even be recognized as a disk (yet cdrom's (music or data) would play on the drive - see if this is your case as well)

Go to LG website http://www.lgservice.com/gcsc/b2c/hom/main

Your drive is listed as GCC-4480B

Update device driver at http://us.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp there is a firmware update to ver 1.02. Don't sweat the fact that it lists the operating system as Win98, my 8160b update was listed as DOS 6.22. Send an email to LG tech support asking for the correct procedure. I had to create an DOS 6.22 boot disk and do the update from the DOS prompt (DOS in WinXP was not good enough and would mess up the drive). PROCEED WITH CAUTION YOU CAN PERMANENTLY MESS UP YOUR DRIVE AND RENDER IT USELESS!!!

Find a document called "How to update firmware"