Windows Media player 9 Series

Well, I download music from the internet. Then I can't
play the song all the way on Windows Media Player. I get
the message Player does not support the format you are
trying to play. ERROR ID: 0XC00D1199 Cannot play file.
Condition ID: 0X00000000. It states that
I need a decoder hardware or something.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
HELP ME OUT!

If the music is protected you will need to pay for it.