I have a Brother MFC-8820DN and need PCL - Is it Possible

Hi, I'm trying to use my brother multifunction with a specialized font
(e-13b.fnt) and it requires a PCL driver. Is there any way to make
this work? The software I'm using will only work with PCL, the manual
seems to imply that I need to stick with my HP printer. I tried
downloading a truetype version of this font but the program won't
print it.
2 answers Last reply
More about brother 8820dn possible

    nboeck@rennickproperties.com (Nicholas Boeck) wrote in message news:<8cb172f6.0404121100.6603231f@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi, I'm trying to use my brother multifunction with a specialized font
    > (e-13b.fnt) and it requires a PCL driver. Is there any way to make
    > this work? The software I'm using will only work with PCL, the manual
    > seems to imply that I need to stick with my HP printer. I tried
    > downloading a truetype version of this font but the program won't
    > print it.

    Have a look at Swiftview <http://www.swiftview.com/sview1.htm>.
    This is a PCL viewer. I don't know if it can print directly, but it
    can apparently convert a PCL file (from print-to-file) to TIFF, which
    you could then print (with many graphics apps, ACDSee, Irfanview, even
    Word). Note that a page-size TIFF is going to be very large.

    However, I just looked at the specs for your printer
    <http://www.brother.com/usa/fax/info/mfc8820dn/mfc8820dn_spe.html>
    It says it's PCL6 compatible, and supposedly with earlier forms of PCL
    too. So your PCL font should work. Your program may not be installing
    it properly, perhaps it expects you to have installed it in the
    printer before you print. This is probably covered in the manual/help.

    Hahahhahahahhaha

    "Nicholas Boeck" <nboeck@rennickproperties.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm trying to use my brother multifunction with a specialized font
    > (e-13b.fnt) and it requires a PCL driver. Is there any way to make
    > this work? The software I'm using will only work with PCL, the manual
    > seems to imply that I need to stick with my HP printer. I tried
    > downloading a truetype version of this font but the program won't
    > print it.

Printers Brother Peripherals