Where (preferably Canada) can I order the joystick adapter..

Or is there another way to hook up a joystick to the PC. Presently I'm
using the internal sound capability. I've considered buying a
Soundblaster card (with joystick socket) but would rather go the
cheaper route.

Many thanks......

"Madison Lapierre" <m-lapierre@emailaccount.com> wrote in message news:quh880h8vglpfq6jl0g909vliu2te46u2s@4ax.com...

> Or is there another way to hook up a joystick to the PC. Presently I'm
> using the internal sound capability. I've considered buying a
> Soundblaster card (with joystick socket) but would rather go the
> cheaper route.

just next to the mainboard green LED is a "game1" pinout,
any olde pc backplate that had midi/joystick cable to board
should work fine onit...that's what I am using on basic and
deluxe models of p4p800. the tech shop said they had no
game adaptors for asus p4p800 boards and that asus had
none in stock for Canada...but when I went ahead and
hooked it up...voila! needs standard (generic) connector.

you can pull one off a 486/pentium laying around that
had onboard sound/midi. just check pinouts on cable

--
'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck