rioxio problem (no drive)

since a clean install of my xp pro
rioxio cd creator when reinstalled will not regognize my
cd rom drive, even with the updates it says f drive not
accessible also the prog is installed but not the project
selector part of it as it use to be,there's nothing wrong
with the drives as when i unistall the prog they work,
i have two rioxio updates one installs the other says no
rioxio prog detected,could it be that i loaded nero 6 up
but found not as good (for me)as rioxio and unistalled it
and all the bits left behind by running search and system
mechanic
any ideas
thankyou in advance

Deggers, what verion of Roxio are you using? If you loaded up Nero with
Roxio still installed yes there can
certainly be a conflict. Go to Control Panel>Admin Tools>Services>IMAPI CD
Burning. rt click select Prop
and in the StartupupType box choose Disable. See if that helps.
"deggers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> since a clean install of my xp pro
> rioxio cd creator when reinstalled will not regognize my
> cd rom drive, even with the updates it says f drive not
> accessible also the prog is installed but not the project
> selector part of it as it use to be,there's nothing wrong
> with the drives as when i unistall the prog they work,
> i have two rioxio updates one installs the other says no
> rioxio prog detected,could it be that i loaded nero 6 up
> but found not as good (for me)as rioxio and unistalled it
> and all the bits left behind by running search and system
> mechanic
> any ideas
> thankyou in advance

platinum 5 with the updates,the only way back to get my
liteon 526 cd rom drive working is to unistall resart on
let xp find and load up again,i won@t bother with this
prog now,i can use widows media to copy etc although i
find it annoying that it seems to finalize automatically
when i copy music to cd ,rioxoi use to ask ,and as such
with media player you can't add later to your cd
once again thanks for your help
>.

There is a bug in EZ Creator 5 Platinum:
The key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator\5.0 with REG_SZ value
"Installed Version", data "Platinum", must exist before applying the Roxio
patches.