Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

About a week ago, my new computer started playing any sound or music really
fast (sounds like chipmunks). It does it with mp3s, wavs, CDs, DVD.... Its
happens with any software
I've tried re-installing the audio drivers but that hasn't helped.
Any ideas?

adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I had the same problem before, all you need to do is reinstall a
correct cd-rom driver

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:34:21 +0100, "Adam" <notreal@me.com> wrote:

>About a week ago, my new computer started playing any sound or music really
>fast (sounds like chipmunks). It does it with mp3s, wavs, CDs, DVD.... Its
>happens with any software
>I've tried re-installing the audio drivers but that hasn't helped.
>Any ideas?
>
>adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

It is always a wrong or damaged audio driver. Did you uninstall the driver
before reinstalling?

Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Can't actually find any drivers for my cd-roms drives, so just tried
unplugging them to see if that'd help. but no luck
Do you rekon disconnecting them should have helped or should I just continue
searching for some cd drivers?

adam

<hin87_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I had the same problem before, all you need to do is reinstall a
> correct cd-rom driver
>

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:34:21 +0100, "Adam" <notreal@me.com> wrote:
>
> >About a week ago, my new computer started playing any sound or music
really
> >fast (sounds like chipmunks). It does it with mp3s, wavs, CDs, DVD....
Its
> >happens with any software
> >I've tried re-installing the audio drivers but that hasn't helped.
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >adam

Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have tried re-installing windows (on a seperate partition) and the same
thing is still happening, i guess this means its a hardware problem. Just
gonna see if i can return the damn thing.

thanks for the help i got!

adam

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:36:17 +0100, "Adam" <notreal@me.com> wrote:

>I have tried re-installing windows (on a seperate partition) and the same
>thing is still happening, i guess this means its a hardware problem. Just
>gonna see if i can return the damn thing.
>
>thanks for the help i got!
>
>adam
>
>"Adam" <notreal@me.com> wrote in message
>> About a week ago, my new computer started playing any sound or music
>really
>> fast (sounds like chipmunks). It does it with mp3s, wavs, CDs, DVD....
>Its
>> happens with any software
>> I've tried re-installing the audio drivers but that hasn't helped.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> adam

Windows Media Player has an option for speeding up or slowing down
music. Check to see if the slider is set in the midway position.

Bob Tyler...
Tyler Systems

Adam

Nope that isn't it. Its playing fast with all software, even the windows
sounds (message box beeps and stuff) play fast!

adam