System recovery!

Hi, For some unknown strange reason which I wasn't present for my system decided to do system recovery HP way! When my 9 year old told me what happened I though everthing was lost (all my files). To my great relief all was still there although I was prompted as if I just started the computer for the first time, settings etc. When I added the other family member's profiles, even their home made icons came up the same for each family member. Now to the problem, when any other family member tries to us media player, the EULA aggrement screen comes up and ask for settings etc. but will not start, the process just repeats itself over and over. The only change I made with the reinstallation was to "not share" folders with other users.

Family members are quite frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Brad S
2 answers Last reply
More about system recovery

    "Brad S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, For some unknown strange reason which I wasn't present for my system
    decided to do system recovery HP way! When my 9 year old told me what
    happened I though everthing was lost (all my files). To my great relief all
    was still there although I was prompted as if I just started the computer
    for the first time, settings etc. When I added the other family member's
    profiles, even their home made icons came up the same for each family
    member. Now to the problem, when any other family member tries to us media
    player, the EULA aggrement screen comes up and ask for settings etc. but
    will not start, the process just repeats itself over and over. The only
    change I made with the reinstallation was to "not share" folders with other
    users.

    > Family members are quite frustrated. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks,
    > Brad S

    I cannot help you with your EULA question but I am perturbed about your
    remark "To my great relief all was still there". Important files must be
    backed up to an independent medium at least once a week. This time you were
    lucky - next time you might lose the lot. And there certainly will be a next
    time . . .

    You're absolutely right! The backup was done after the system came back. Thanks

Hewlett Packard System Recovery Windows XP