Cusl2-c Problem keeps beeping

I have an Asus CUSL2-C Motherboard with
CPU: P3-1000
400watt Power Supply
512mb ram (2 x 256mb)
120gb and 80gb hdd
Pioneer 116 dvd rom and 107D Dvd writer.

My problem is, Sometime it will just start beeping crazilty as if one of the
temperature/fan sensors is being set off by something or maybe as if one of
the keys on the keyboard is stuck.

The reason I ask this is that when this happens sometimes I can usually
restar the computer to get back to normal, but sometimes it won't even
restart without beeping as soon as I turn on the computer.

I can usnally leave the computer off for a while and then it will come good.
But it will beep again in the future.

I've tried all the components on another computer and they all test out fine
Including ram./cpu.

So I don't know why all of a sudden whilst using the pc it will suddenly
constantly start start beeping crazily at me? please help if any body has
any ideas let me know.

Was it a high pitch beep or a low pitch beep?

If it's low, change your ps2 keyboard or ps2 mouse, mostly cuz keys are
stuck. It could also be that the plugs aren't secured.

If it's high, it's something on the mobo. Check to make sure the ram and
vid card is secured, and that you're installing the 2 sticks of ram on the 2
slots closest to the CPU.

I am using a cusl2-c myself btw.

-bron

"Gregory Kleverlaan" <g12345567@nospam.yahoo.com.au> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:c64ic0$7vvva$1@ID-170116.news.uni-berlin.de ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> I have an Asus CUSL2-C Motherboard with
> CPU: P3-1000
> 400watt Power Supply
> 512mb ram (2 x 256mb)
> 120gb and 80gb hdd
> Pioneer 116 dvd rom and 107D Dvd writer.
>
> My problem is, Sometime it will just start beeping crazilty as if one of
the
> temperature/fan sensors is being set off by something or maybe as if one
of
> the keys on the keyboard is stuck.
>
> The reason I ask this is that when this happens sometimes I can usually
> restar the computer to get back to normal, but sometimes it won't even
> restart without beeping as soon as I turn on the computer.
>
> I can usnally leave the computer off for a while and then it will come
good.
> But it will beep again in the future.
>
> I've tried all the components on another computer and they all test out
fine
> Including ram./cpu.
>
> So I don't know why all of a sudden whilst using the pc it will suddenly
> constantly start start beeping crazily at me? please help if any body has
> any ideas let me know.

It was a high pitched continuous beeping sound. I have since changed the
keyboard from PS/2 to USB and so far so good. I don't know for sure but I
think it could be the actual keyboard controller chip on the motherbaord
that may have an intermittant problem. I'm using USB keyboard and mouse at
the moment and crossed fingers, so far so good. If I have any more problems
I'll let you know.

"Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Was it a high pitch beep or a low pitch beep?
>
> If it's low, change your ps2 keyboard or ps2 mouse, mostly cuz keys are
> stuck. It could also be that the plugs aren't secured.
>
> If it's high, it's something on the mobo. Check to make sure the ram and
> vid card is secured, and that you're installing the 2 sticks of ram on the
2
> slots closest to the CPU.
>
> I am using a cusl2-c myself btw.
>

> -bron
>
> "Gregory Kleverlaan" <g12345567@nospam.yahoo.com.au> ¦b¶l¥ó
> news:c64ic0$7vvva$1@ID-170116.news.uni-berlin.de ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > I have an Asus CUSL2-C Motherboard with
> > CPU: P3-1000
> > 400watt Power Supply
> > 512mb ram (2 x 256mb)
> > 120gb and 80gb hdd
> > Pioneer 116 dvd rom and 107D Dvd writer.
> >
> > My problem is, Sometime it will just start beeping crazilty as if one of
> the
> > temperature/fan sensors is being set off by something or maybe as if one
> of
> > the keys on the keyboard is stuck.
> >
> > The reason I ask this is that when this happens sometimes I can usually
> > restar the computer to get back to normal, but sometimes it won't even
> > restart without beeping as soon as I turn on the computer.
> >
> > I can usnally leave the computer off for a while and then it will come
> good.
> > But it will beep again in the future.
> >
> > I've tried all the components on another computer and they all test out
> fine
> > Including ram./cpu.
> >
> > So I don't know why all of a sudden whilst using the pc it will suddenly
> > constantly start start beeping crazily at me? please help if any body
has
> > any ideas let me know.

Yeah it could be the keyboard, the chip, or the socket..

For me, unplugging and plugging usb devices contantly tends to losen the ps2
plug cuz they're too damn close. :(

Live long and prosper

news:c67umh$9226f$1@ID-170116.news.uni-berlin.de ¤¤¼¶¼g...