Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Windows XP Home Edition CD not detected by CD Rom drive

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • CD-Rom
April 29, 2004 11:23:15 PM

My Windows XP Home Edition CD is being not detected by my
CD Rom drive anymore.
Please help me!
I cleaned the CD off.
It works on my sister's computer.
She has a computer from DELL.

P.S. If you send a reply, make sure that it has the
subject of this post it because I will probably
accidentally delete it since it will go to my junk mail
folder.

More about : windows home edition detected rom drive

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:33:42 AM

You have to boot from the CD to install XP. Set your system BIOS to boot
from the CD drive.