Windows XP Home Edition CD not detected by CD Rom drive

My Windows XP Home Edition CD is being not detected by my
CD Rom drive anymore.
Please help me!
I cleaned the CD off.
It works on my sister's computer.
She has a computer from DELL.

P.S. If you send a reply, make sure that it has the
subject of this post it because I will probably
accidentally delete it since it will go to my junk mail
folder.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home edition detected drive

    You have to boot from the CD to install XP. Set your system BIOS to boot
    from the CD drive.

    "Patrick Yockey" <cay0724@msn.com> wrote in message
    > My Windows XP Home Edition CD is being not detected by my
    > CD Rom drive anymore.
    > Please help me!
    > I cleaned the CD off.
    > It works on my sister's computer.
    > She has a computer from DELL.
    >
    > P.S. If you send a reply, make sure that it has the
    > subject of this post it because I will probably
    > accidentally delete it since it will go to my junk mail
    > folder.

Windows XP CD-Rom