CD-ROM does not recognize some CDs

My CD-ROM drive is very random about what it'll read. Audio, video, games, some work, some don't. The only thing that it consistantly does not read is blank CDs, which is what I need the most. (I'm trying to free up space on my hard drive by saving stuff to CDs) Any ideas what's causing this, or how to fix it? Thanks!

Paul, have you tried different Media Brands ie Sony, Maxwell, TDK etc.
"Paul B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My CD-ROM drive is very random about what it'll read. Audio, video,
games, some work, some don't. The only thing that it consistantly does not
read is blank CDs, which is what I need the most. (I'm trying to free up
space on my hard drive by saving stuff to CDs) Any ideas what's causing
this, or how to fix it? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS