A7V8X-MX Lan not working

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 22, 2004 8:10:15 AM

Installed all drivers from CD version 4.46 but cannot get onboard lan to
work.
Tried ping 192.168.2.1 (my router) sometimes works but now it doesn't at
all, tried 2 diff working ports on my router.

Shows up as working under device mgr.

Bad board?

More about : a7v8x lan working

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 23, 2004 11:03:57 PM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:10:15 GMT, "Martik" <martik@telus.net> wrote:

>Installed all drivers from CD version 4.46 but cannot get onboard lan to
>work.
>Tried ping 192.168.2.1 (my router) sometimes works but now it doesn't at
>all, tried 2 diff working ports on my router.
>
>Shows up as working under device mgr.
>
>Bad board?

Some boards in that family went out with weird MAC address settings.

If you look over on the Asus MB group

http://forums.pcper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

you may be able to track it down.

To get my MB to network, I had to copy the Mac address found on a
sticker on the, I think, HD connector.

You then have to feed the address into the appropriate place in
Windows networking.

I'm a bit vague on the details. I went through the issue months ago.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 24, 2004 6:46:05 AM

Thanks, I had to set connection type in XP to 1/2 duplex. Would not
auto-negotiate with my router.
!