A7V8X-MX Lan not working

Installed all drivers from CD version 4.46 but cannot get onboard lan to
work.
Tried ping 192.168.2.1 (my router) sometimes works but now it doesn't at
all, tried 2 diff working ports on my router.

Shows up as working under device mgr.

Bad board?
2 answers Last reply
More about a7v8x working

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:10:15 GMT, "Martik" <martik@telus.net> wrote:

    >Installed all drivers from CD version 4.46 but cannot get onboard lan to
    >work.
    >Tried ping 192.168.2.1 (my router) sometimes works but now it doesn't at
    >all, tried 2 diff working ports on my router.
    >
    >Shows up as working under device mgr.
    >
    >Bad board?

    Some boards in that family went out with weird MAC address settings.

    If you look over on the Asus MB group

    http://forums.pcper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

    you may be able to track it down.

    To get my MB to network, I had to copy the Mac address found on a
    sticker on the, I think, HD connector.

    You then have to feed the address into the appropriate place in
    Windows networking.

    I'm a bit vague on the details. I went through the issue months ago.

    MK

    Michael Kenward Words for sale

    Thanks, I had to set connection type in XP to 1/2 duplex. Would not
    auto-negotiate with my router.

Asus Routers LAN Motherboards