TouchED Error

April 30, 2004 4:04:21 PM

When ever i start my computer the following error pops up.
TouchED Error
Retrueval of "THotkey" failed
Error code 0x00031402, 0x00000002

i already have tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers
and that did not work. i have a Toshiba Satellite A15-
S127. let me know if you know how to fix this
Thanks

More about : touched error

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 3:50:54 PM

Did you get a fix for this problem? I have developed the same issue
same error message, what is the fix?

Thanks

--
djf
February 4, 2005 6:32:21 PM

THIS FIX WORKS.

Navigate to C:\Windows\system32

DELETE 000StTHK.exe and 00THotkey.exe.manifest

COPY 00THotkey.exe

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\StartMenu\Programs\Startup

PASTE 00THotkey.exe into the Startup directory.

Creating a shortcut may work just as well, I can't reallysay because
this is how I solved the problem and I am happy with it.

--
Props to SBriggs for posting the solution to this problem on Feb 5,
2005.

--
grainbelt