Ian

I have purchased a pioneer 107 dvd rewriter to replace my
cd writer. How do connect this along with my dvd player
already installed. As when both are connected they do show
in my computer or when trying to add new hardware.
Thanks Ian

a) Check the jumpers at the rear of the drives to make sure one is master
and one is slave

b) Check yhe BIOS correctly identifies the drive

c) If a) and b) are correct, Windows should find and install the drivers
automatically.

d) Windows should automatically assign the new drive a drive letter and it
will then show up in Windows Explorer.
www.coribright.com

"Ian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have purchased a pioneer 107 dvd rewriter to replace my
> cd writer. How do connect this along with my dvd player
> already installed. As when both are connected they do show
> in my computer or when trying to add new hardware.
> Thanks Ian

Hello

Once you open your pc you will see both drivers, 1 will
be jumpered as Master and the other as Slave. Depending
on how their set now, just make sure when you install the
new driver you match the jumper setting on the drive that
your removing

Alvin