HP Scanjet acting weird with XP

I have a HP Scanjet 5370 with the latest updated software and drivers from
HP. My problem is that it works Ok from my User Profile but when I switch to
the other User Profile I get an error that the Scanner cannot be initialized
Scanner not found. If I uninstall the Software and reinstall it from the
other
User Profile then it works from there but I get the message. Help !!

begin 666 bang.gif
M1TE&.#EA&0`4`+,,`````,8A`,;G__]"`/]K(?^$0O^48_^MA/_6QO_G`/__
MA/_______P```````/___R'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00)% `,`"P`
M````&0`4```$BY#)22L%.-MM02E#`'"DY(5B26::NGD%D%;L^(*R;0)$3PR8
M3B@WX7T^/B"M9B(4#(8/IJ<L?H:F)S2Z6/"JV0'6N#5TNQ@P`)4R:mad:MG[T+-
M=!_AYY_.LV[W[DA)>T!C/G<]:6HB`3,\/CZ.045,#&N/CV(ZE5<SE6*8F30@
M6)-BII(7;)H[+1TU$0``(?D$"10`# `L`````!D`% ``!(Z0R4DK!3C;;4$I
M0P!PI.2%8DEFFKIY!9!6[/B"LFW"WX!UH=S$<R@>/CA:S50X(!!%3$_'@ 5-
MSB=TL3A13U>B%L'E8GQ#5(J8/92["_2.56T:BXOC=!@+?^Y%,70F/GY_1C$"
M9A<B`3,\2#%F7TM5`Y$?@WP@,Y:72 .A5'6AG54`H:D_-&JCIRT=-1$``"'Y
M! D*``P`+ `````9`!0```2.D,E)*P4XVVU!*4,`<*3DA>*4826SLN[W#?#F
M%4#J';Q,<Z?<",!#\ Y!6TBX0SB/R<H+4S@X$:^?="9J7H^ST06TW%F-2*I6
MA>I6CTB!7'.9?J#RA5X\!BQC>'I['31_-SQ3?"HB`2DQ'P`"@@N*)B\F`S*)
M6R".+@.9/J"5)W\J?J"CE9^-GJ=T'2\1```A^00)"@`,`"P`````&0`4```$
MEI#)22L%.-MM02E#`'"DY(5B-4Z:FF$7NUJ*5P`I:[J XI^XV4J(^7Q^H:!.
M9CPXCR]8Y^.L/FN?Y+2*Z!X`AQ](>REPNXBPKX;*L<SG:J\6+5M?3@\60#;!
MOP(``H$W/7Q\;@PV@ N""XT%/R(!B38WCXT"C6M1,WZ7CXZ'6"")B@,?`*$O
M?@-]+*X#4BIMGC*S/!D1```A^00%"@`,`"P`````&0`4```$D9#)22L%.-MM
M02E#`'"DY(5B6253IJE2(IL?D,)8@C&G/9*9SV> "?DX&.%A.73M.I^EE$D<
MWBX%*6*K.X!.QHI'RY5YB:mad:K;;H]) X])W;J6O8*@' K:Q<`!'YX>8-Z-%E_
M"XB)7SX!:AXU"Y*("0-$3C][>)*)`C(Z/%:9)@.1B3D_8&JDED]B::,M+QU.
$$0``.P``
`
end

Please use Plain Text for newsgroups.

Are these "users" Admins, Power Users (XP Pro only) or Limited Users

Can you copy the Scanner program to both profiles or perhaps to te All Users
profile?

Is there a custom install option,where you choose to install for all users?
www.coribright.com

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have a HP Scanjet 5370 with the latest updated software and drivers from
> HP. My problem is that it works Ok from my User Profile but when I switch
> the other User Profile I get an error that the Scanner cannot be
initialized
> Scanner not found. If I uninstall the Software and reinstall it from the
> other
> User Profile then it works from there but I get the message. Help !!

Hi Cari, I tried installing the software from both User Profiles but that
confused it even more. There wasnt
any custom install option and all Users ( 2 ) are Admins. Finally, I
got to a point where none of the OS's
XP, Win2K or WinMe were able to recognize the Hardware. Getting a message
Found new hardware but
it may not work properly. So I switched to a Parallel cable and drivers
and now it works fine in both User
Profiles. ??? I tried different USB cables and USB ports but no help.
Motherboard USB problem? Scanner USB Problem?