I have tried adding 2 different USB hubs without success.
Both are recognized when attached, but XP wants to go
through the Add New Hardware wizard and asks for location
of driver files. These hubs don't have drivers and don't
require drivers. Both manuals instruct to cancel teh Add
Hardware wizard when prompted becasue they don't need any
drivers. One is a GE USB hub and the other is the new
Belkin high speed hub. Both are USB 2.0 and I have USB
2.0 ocntroller.

Both of these hubs are recognized and loaded without any
problem on another PC. I cancelled the Add Hardware
wizard as instructed by the hub manual.

I have the same problem with a Belkin Hub and also with
an Archos External Hard Drive.
If you get a reply I'd be more than grateful if you could
forward to my e-mail.
Many thanks

Alan

Have you installed WinXP Service Pack 1, which is needed to support USB
2.0??

steve