ASUS AI OVERCLOCK utility?

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OK, i cannot seem to find that Overclocking utility for the Asus P4P800 Delux.
WHere is it located online?

Please help????

"GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
> OK, i cannot seem to find that Overclocking utility for the Asus P4P800
Delux.
> WHere is it located online?
>
> Please help????
I'm pretty sure it's a function of the bios not a utility that runs within
windows.

"mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
> > OK, i cannot seem to find that Overclocking utility for the Asus P4P800
> Delux.
> > WHere is it located online?
> >
> > Please help????
> I'm pretty sure it's a function of the bios not a utility that runs within
> windows.

It's called an Asus System Utility, and I use it daily with my A7N8X de
luxe mobo. It allows me, from within Windows XP, to change the FSB, and some
RAM timings, and no reboot necessary.
--
Doug Ramage

"Doug Ramage" <namxat666@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
> > > OK, i cannot seem to find that Overclocking utility for the Asus
P4P800
> > Delux.
> > > WHere is it located online?
> > >
> > > Please help????
> > I'm pretty sure it's a function of the bios not a utility that runs
within
> > windows.
> >

> It's called an Asus System Utility, and I use it daily with my A7N8X de
> luxe mobo. It allows me, from within Windows XP, to change the FSB, and
some
> RAM timings, and no reboot necessary.
> --
> Doug Ramage

Actually it's called Nvidia System Utility in your case.
And it won't work for a intel based system like the P4P800 Dlx.

> "Doug Ramage" <namxat666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
> P4P800
> > > Delux.

> > > I'm pretty sure it's a function of the bios not a utility that runs
> within
> > > windows.
> > >

> > It's called an Asus System Utility, and I use it daily with my A7N8X de
> > luxe mobo. It allows me, from within Windows XP, to change the FSB, and
> some
> > RAM timings, and no reboot necessary.
> > --
> > Doug Ramage
>

> Actually it's called Nvidia System Utility in your case.
> And it won't work for a intel based system like the P4P800 Dlx.

I did not expect it to - but I thought that there might be a similar one for
the Intel chipsets.

Are you saying that this is not the case?
--

> "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Doug Ramage" <namxat666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > P4P800

> > within
> > > >

> > > It's called an Asus System Utility, and I use it daily with my A7N8X
de
> > > luxe mobo. It allows me, from within Windows XP, to change the FSB,
and
> > some
> > > RAM timings, and no reboot necessary.
> > > --
> > > Doug Ramage
> >

> > Actually it's called Nvidia System Utility in your case.
> > And it won't work for a intel based system like the P4P800 Dlx.
> >

> I did not expect it to - but I thought that there might be a similar one
for
> the Intel chipsets.
>
> Are you saying that this is not the case?
> --
> Doug Ramage

No unfortunately there isn't. There are utilities out there that can do it
but are not supported by Asus. The AI overclocking reffered to in the title
is a function of the bios. Basically it does everything set it for 10% 20%
or 30% and it will automaticaly set the ram timings and dividers if
necessary. It goes without saying that it will be conservative in it's ram
timings etc. probably better off doing it manually through the bios for the
best results.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <nbuic.740$_o1.152279@read2.cgocable.net>, "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Doug Ramage" <namxat666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
>P4P800
>> > Delux.

>> > I'm pretty sure it's a function of the bios not a utility that runs
>within
>> > windows.
>> >

>> It's called an Asus System Utility, and I use it daily with my A7N8X de
>> luxe mobo. It allows me, from within Windows XP, to change the FSB, and
>some
>> RAM timings, and no reboot necessary.
>> --
>> Doug Ramage
>

>Actually it's called Nvidia System Utility in your case.
>And it won't work for a intel based system like the P4P800 Dlx.

NOOOOO. i absolutely remember downloading a utility from asus that allowed
within windows the ability to overclock. It was calle Like AI OVERCLOCK or
some utility like that. I am positive it was an asus thing.

> NOOOOO. i absolutely remember downloading a utility from asus that allowed
> within windows the ability to overclock. It was calle Like AI OVERCLOCK or
> some utility like that. I am positive it was an asus thing.

Get the name straight first. The AI overclocking is a bios function.
A google search did however turn up an AI Booster utility though.
Did you try the Asus site or google? This is probably what you are looking
for
http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=15&l3_id=19&m_id=2&f_name=AiBooster_v1_01_00.zip~zaqwedc

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <2Yvic.762$_o1.157461@read2.cgocable.net>, "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Doug Ramage" <namxat666@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Doug Ramage" <namxat666@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > P4P800

>> > within

>de
>and
>> > some
>> >

>> > Actually it's called Nvidia System Utility in your case.
>> > And it won't work for a intel based system like the P4P800 Dlx.
>> >

>> I did not expect it to - but I thought that there might be a similar one
>for
>> the Intel chipsets.
>>
>> Are you saying that this is not the case?
>> --
>> Doug Ramage
>

>No unfortunately there isn't. There are utilities out there that can do it
>but are not supported by Asus. The AI overclocking reffered to in the title
>is a function of the bios. Basically it does everything set it for 10% 20%
>or 30% and it will automaticaly set the ram timings and dividers if
>necessary. It goes without saying that it will be conservative in it's ram
>timings etc. probably better off doing it manually through the bios for the
>best results.

Damint, wrong. There is a utility . i used it for at least the last 2 months.
it IS an ASUS made utility that was for in windows overclocking!!!!!

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <CBHic.1019$_o1.179089@read2.cgocable.net>, "mrgreg" <mrgreg62@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> NOOOOO. i absolutely remember downloading a utility from asus that allowed
>> within windows the ability to overclock. It was calle Like AI OVERCLOCK or
>> some utility like that. I am positive it was an asus thing.
>>
>Get the name straight first. The AI overclocking is a bios function.
>A google search did however turn up an AI Booster utility though.
>Did you try the Asus site or google? This is probably what you are looking
>for
>http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=15&l3_id=19&m
>_id=2&f_name=AiBooster_v1_01_00.zip~zaqwedc

I tried both, just didnt have the name correct. Thanks for jogging my old fart
memory. raising 4 kids does that to you.