P2B-F Will this board make use of pc133 ram at full speed

Hi

as in subject, or will pc100 speeds be all that it can muster? I'm using
latest bios

thx

Gordon

Gordon Scott wrote:
> Hi
>
> as in subject, or will pc100 speeds be all that it can muster? I'm using
> latest bios

Yes and no. You have to run fsb and memory synchronous, and the p2b-f
officially handles only 100Mhz FSB / 100Mhz ram clock. You can however
overclock to 133Mhz FSB (and thus ram) clock, provided your cpu (and the
graphic card because of the overclocked agp) can handle it.

Roland

Gordon Scott schrieb:

> Hi
>
> as in subject, or will pc100 speeds be all that it can muster? I'm using
> latest bios

The memory will always run synchronously to the FSB. A P2B-F shouldn't
have too much trouble hitting 133 when used with 3 DIMMs or less, though
your CPU or AGP card (FSB * 2/3) may.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W