Mapped drive over WiFi network

I am working on a WiFi network of three computers running Windows XP
Professional. When I map a drive on computer #1 from computer #2 it does not
show up as connected on computer #1 upon startup of computer #1. However, if
I double click the mapped drive, the connection is present.

I think there is somekind of race condition between computer #1 network
connection and computer #1 checking for the mapped drive upon startup.

Does anyone have a good fix for this problem?

Do you have offline files enabled?

"Chambers" <Chambers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ED3D6E7-FB41-4DD7-BCC0-8D6BFB9172B0@microsoft.com...
> I am working on a WiFi network of three computers running Windows XP
> Professional. When I map a drive on computer #1 from computer #2 it does not
> show up as connected on computer #1 upon startup of computer #1. However, if
> I double click the mapped drive, the connection is present.
>
> I think there is somekind of race condition between computer #1 network
> connection and computer #1 checking for the mapped drive upon startup.
>
> Does anyone have a good fix for this problem?

I didn't enable the offline file feature when the drive was mapped.

I'll check it out!

Thanks for the tip!