Dummy

i had originally had windows xp home edition, somehow my grandson got into my computer and i saw windows xp professional was on it. i could not get it off. so i went and bought the program of windows xp home and installed it and now i have no soundcard to retreive my sound back . what do i need to do
thanks dummy

Open device manager and check for the status on the sound
card. To open device manager right click the My Computer
icon on the desktop and select Manage, then device manager.
There is a troubleshooting app in the device manager. Or
you can take the shortcut and just remove the device using
device manager and reboot. That will force plug and play to
detect and install it again.

"dummy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| i had originally had windows xp home edition, somehow my
grandson got into my computer and i saw windows xp
professional was on it. i could not get it off. so i went
and bought the program of windows xp home and installed it
and now i have no soundcard to retreive my sound back . what
do i need to do
| thanks dummy

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

why not stick with XP professional? any particular reason why you want home?
"dummy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i had originally had windows xp home edition, somehow my grandson got into
my computer and i saw windows xp professional was on it. i could not get it
off. so i went and bought the program of windows xp home and installed it
and now i have no soundcard to retreive my sound back . what do i need to do
> thanks dummy

I'm guessing his grandson put a pirated copy on the
computer.

"Maximus" <shitij_T@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| why not stick with XP professional? any particular reason
why you want home?
| "dummy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > i had originally had windows xp home edition, somehow my
grandson got into
| my computer and i saw windows xp professional was on it. i
could not get it
| off. so i went and bought the program of windows xp home
and installed it
| and now i have no soundcard to retreive my sound back .
what do i need to do
| > thanks dummy

TRENDING THREADS