hardware wizard won't go stop

May 1, 2004 10:39:21 AM

All my devices are working fine no exclamation marks or
anything. My CDRW reads writes and is listed correctly
but every time I reboot it wants to install it again. I
doesn't matter whether I cancel the wizard, run through
it to find no driver, connect to the internet to search,
check the 'don't ask me again' box, IT STILL COMES BACK!

I didn't think these things needed drivers, none was
supplied and none is available - the thing works fine as
it is, I just want Windows XP to stop trying to install
it again for me.

How can I make this wizard go away and NEVER come back?

Please.... anybody.... HELP!

More about : hardware wizard stop

May 1, 2004 10:48:01 AM

Have you tired doing a uninstall over the CDRW drivers and then rebooting?
It sound like a few driver files might be missing but not may be installed
unless you uninstall the whole set.
"jan" <janet.killeen@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> All my devices are working fine no exclamation marks or
> anything. My CDRW reads writes and is listed correctly
> but every time I reboot it wants to install it again. I
> doesn't matter whether I cancel the wizard, run through
> it to find no driver, connect to the internet to search,
> check the 'don't ask me again' box, IT STILL COMES BACK!
>
> I didn't think these things needed drivers, none was
> supplied and none is available - the thing works fine as
> it is, I just want Windows XP to stop trying to install
> it again for me.
>
> How can I make this wizard go away and NEVER come back?
>
> Please.... anybody.... HELP!
May 2, 2004 1:05:04 PM

I have no answer but I have exactly the same problem with
an internal modem posted today but not yet displayed. No
doubt there are others.

!