hardware wizard won't go stop

All my devices are working fine no exclamation marks or
anything. My CDRW reads writes and is listed correctly
but every time I reboot it wants to install it again. I
doesn't matter whether I cancel the wizard, run through
it to find no driver, connect to the internet to search,
check the 'don't ask me again' box, IT STILL COMES BACK!

I didn't think these things needed drivers, none was
supplied and none is available - the thing works fine as
it is, I just want Windows XP to stop trying to install
it again for me.

How can I make this wizard go away and NEVER come back?

Please.... anybody.... HELP!
2 answers Last reply
More about hardware wizard stop

    Have you tired doing a uninstall over the CDRW drivers and then rebooting?
    It sound like a few driver files might be missing but not may be installed
    unless you uninstall the whole set.
    "jan" <janet.killeen@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > All my devices are working fine no exclamation marks or
    > anything. My CDRW reads writes and is listed correctly
    > but every time I reboot it wants to install it again. I
    > doesn't matter whether I cancel the wizard, run through
    > it to find no driver, connect to the internet to search,
    > check the 'don't ask me again' box, IT STILL COMES BACK!
    >
    > I didn't think these things needed drivers, none was
    > supplied and none is available - the thing works fine as
    > it is, I just want Windows XP to stop trying to install
    > it again for me.
    >
    > How can I make this wizard go away and NEVER come back?
    >
    > Please.... anybody.... HELP!

    I have no answer but I have exactly the same problem with
    an internal modem posted today but not yet displayed. No
    doubt there are others.
    >.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP