I HAVE AN IPAQ 3700 THAT WAS SYNC OK BUT NOW IT WILL NOT
SYNC THE HAND HELD SAYS ( YOU MUST ESTABLISH A PARTNERSHIP
WITH A DESKTOP COMPUTER PRIOR TO RUNNING ACTIVESYNC THE
DESKTOP SAYS CHECK THAT YOU HAVE USB CABLE PLUGED IN WHICH
IT IS.)
CAN ANYONE HELP

"TONY H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I HAVE AN IPAQ 3700 THAT WAS SYNC OK BUT NOW IT WILL NOT
> SYNC THE HAND HELD SAYS ( YOU MUST ESTABLISH A PARTNERSHIP
> WITH A DESKTOP COMPUTER PRIOR TO RUNNING ACTIVESYNC THE
> DESKTOP SAYS CHECK THAT YOU HAVE USB CABLE PLUGED IN WHICH
> IT IS.)
> CAN ANYONE HELP

Try using a different USB port.
Does your hand held sit in a cradle or is it just a cable from the unit to
the computer?

Done that still wont sync with desktop.

> [...]

ok, what about the 2nd part of my post?
Does the handheld sit in a cradle to sync or just a cable from handheld to
USB?

"TONY H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I HAVE AN IPAQ 3700 THAT WAS SYNC OK BUT NOW IT WILL NOT
> SYNC THE HAND HELD SAYS ( YOU MUST ESTABLISH A PARTNERSHIP
> WITH A DESKTOP COMPUTER PRIOR TO RUNNING ACTIVESYNC THE
> DESKTOP SAYS CHECK THAT YOU HAVE USB CABLE PLUGED IN WHICH
> IT IS.)
> CAN ANYONE HELP

No capitals please.

You will need to reinstall the synch software as it sets up a link to that
unit alone. Using the oringinal USB port might help, but it depends if you
have had to 'hardboot' the PDA in the meantime. If you have, then you will
need to reinstall the synch software. If you have the data you want to keep
on the PDA this is OK, but if you have hardbooted it and the data is on the
desktop, then you will need to copy it to another non-PDA area of the
desktop before reinstalling.