Help! my driver doesn't write CD's

After doing a clean reinstall of Windows XP, I tried to
install Adaptec (to write CDs) which I was using when I
had Windows ME. When I restarted the system, There was an
error message that said,

"Issue Description: A CD-recording driver is installed
that might cause stability problems, including problems
shutting down and problems using a CD/DVD drive. This
driver will be disabled.... you might not be able to
record CDs until you obtain compatible drivers...

For Windows Media Player users, see the Microsoft Web site
athttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/r
oxio.asp.

I went to the Windows Media Player site and it said that I
didn't need to do anything. Since then, I have tried to
write CD's using Windows Explorer (in Windows XP) but I
have had some problems. I removed the Adaptec drivers but
then the CD drive didn't work. Should I remove and
reinstall the CD drive? Do you have any other advices?

Thank you,

Valbona