HL2 prev (video from preview)

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Everything looked great, I'm pumped for the release!
Buuuuuuutttttttttttttt, was it just me or did the weapon sounds seem a bit lacking? I'm sure I'll get over that quick, although the RPG sound is exactly the same as HL1.

boo.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to call it nostalgia.

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
It probably sounded that way because of the way the audio was captured or how they captured the vid so as to not make the file so huge i believe. I think they used a video camera cause i could barely here game dudes talking and i swear i saw the reflection of the dudes in the moniotr screen. Im sure they sound ALOT better then the way we heard them.
Game Does look SWEET though. Im there.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with ithcy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
I haven't tried the 'leaked code' but the engine looks very, very similar to the old modded quake 2 engine that hl1 was desgined on... All of the in-game stuff looked like this (like the train yard and models walking around).

I hope it's a bit buffed up, but you're probably right about a lot of detail being cut out from camera's perspective.

Oh well either way, I buy it ;).

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Very very similar? Dude it's completely new. It's one of the most advanced engines right now. I've played the leaked demo and it's really cool. I can't wait for the release.

s signature has been formatted to fit your scr

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
doesnt sound very similar to me. but seriously folks, its a camcorder recording, and a low bitrate encoding, you dont even hear most of the lower frequencies.

wpdclan.com counter-strike game server - 66.150.155.52:27015
now featuring valve security module!

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
Once the game is released, Im sure the up close and personnal view will be nuthin but eye candy :)
Confuscious say: He who go to bed with ithcy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Stinkfinger on 05/26/04 07:59 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Hey, hear me out... I KNOW it's a new engine, I'm probably one of the biggest HL buffs here. It just seems strange when look at the g-man close ups, how much of a difference there is compared to the in-game view of Alyx/Eli Vance.

For those of you who have tried the leaked version, I'm just curious as to how nice the new engine looks. No need to flame ppl, sheesh.