XP hardware update

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have heard that windows xp will only allow u to upgrade
ur comp a certain ammount of time b4 they take away ur
copy of windows xp, well the thing is i got a virus and
had to get a new comp ( really really bad virus ) and i
still have the same copy of windows xp, but i cant open
windows or read the windows disk, if i attempt to read
the disk my computer crashes ( read disk on start up that
is ) and if i try to start windows the comp freezes, so
im guessing this is a windows xp issue, now uppon buying
a new computer i am poor, so is there anny way i can get
my windows xp working without spending any more money?

Sean wrote:
> I have heard that windows xp will only allow u to upgrade
> ur comp a certain ammount of time b4 they take away ur
> copy of windows xp, well the thing is i got a virus and
> had to get a new comp ( really really bad virus ) and i
> still have the same copy of windows xp, but i cant open
> windows or read the windows disk, if i attempt to read
> the disk my computer crashes ( read disk on start up that
> is ) and if i try to start windows the comp freezes, so
> im guessing this is a windows xp issue, now uppon buying
> a new computer i am poor, so is there anny way i can get
> my windows xp working without spending any more money?

When installing Windows XP into the new computer, what type
of installation disk is being used? Is it a retail version
of Windows XP? If it is not but is a "branded" OEM version,
it is a complete installation cdrom for new computers or a
modified version specific for the original computer. And
there is a third type of Windows XP installation cdrom, the
"recovery" version. What type is it? Only the retail version
can be installed into different makes of computers without
any issues.

Mike

Splendid

A virus resides on the very part that you are transferring to a new
computer.. go to this website..

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

and thank Jupiter Jones MS-MVP for the information contained therein

"Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have heard that windows xp will only allow u to upgrade
> ur comp a certain ammount of time b4 they take away ur
> copy of windows xp, well the thing is i got a virus and
> had to get a new comp ( really really bad virus ) and i
> still have the same copy of windows xp, but i cant open
> windows or read the windows disk, if i attempt to read
> the disk my computer crashes ( read disk on start up that
> is ) and if i try to start windows the comp freezes, so
> im guessing this is a windows xp issue, now uppon buying
> a new computer i am poor, so is there anny way i can get
> my windows xp working without spending any more money?

"Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have heard that windows xp will only allow u to upgrade
>ur comp a certain ammount of time b4 they take away ur
>copy of windows xp, well the thing is i got a virus and
>had to get a new comp ( really really bad virus ) and i
>still have the same copy of windows xp, but i cant open
>windows or read the windows disk, if i attempt to read
>the disk my computer crashes ( read disk on start up that
>is ) and if i try to start windows the comp freezes, so
>im guessing this is a windows xp issue, now uppon buying
>a new computer i am poor, so is there anny way i can get
>my windows xp working without spending any more money?

Are you sure your new computer is working hardwaare wise?
Check it wth a DOS, a Linux life cd or Bart PE.