what are 1394 Net adapter and Mac Bridge Miniport

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 26, 2004 11:22:17 AM

I don't quite understand.
My ASUS board has these.
What are these used for.

I presently use the NVIDIA nForce MCP connection for my home LAN via a
Linksys Router.

What is this 1394 and Mac Bridge Miniport used for?

Please and thank you.

"My analogy skills are very weak - like a tomato in the rain"

Bill H. in Chicagoland
April 26, 2004 3:10:49 PM

In article <v-SdnT-Ul5xnYxHdRVn-hA@comcast.com>, "FireBrick"
<w9ol.nospaml@comcast.com> wrote:

> I don't quite understand.
> My ASUS board has these.
> What are these used for.
>
> I presently use the NVIDIA nForce MCP connection for my home LAN via a
> Linksys Router.
>
> What is this 1394 and Mac Bridge Miniport used for?
>

> Please and thank you.

It means you can connect two computers via Firewire and
the Firewire connection is viewed as a network connection
by the computer. If you don't have Gigabit Ethernet in
a computer, the Firewire network option might be the
fastest way to transfer data between machines. I don't
see accounts of poeple using it, so cannot tell you how
well it works.

Apparently, you can even buy a networking box with Firewire
plugs on it, to network multiple computers together.

HTH,
Paul
April 26, 2004 8:10:42 PM

Ok, I'll just leave them 'disabled' then.

!