CAnnot install a second Hard disk drive

I have recently purchased a Samsung HDD to use as a back up in my computer. It already has an IBM HDD. I have done the jumper changes and the bios recognises the second hard disk drive but XP fails to recognise the hard disk. How do I get XP to recognise the new HDD which I want to configure as either E or F drive.

"walkar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently purchased a Samsung HDD to use as a back up in my
computer. It already has an IBM HDD. I have done the jumper changes and the
bios recognises the second hard disk drive but XP fails to recognise the
hard disk. How do I get XP to recognise the new HDD which I want to
configure as either E or F drive.

Did you partition and format the drive...?

Right click on Mycomputer and select manage computer and then disk
management, partition and format from their.