P3b-f Rev.1.04?

Is this revision of the P3b-f free of the infamous Photoshopbug? After
upgrading my P2b-f with a Cel. 1400/Slot T I have random freezes and
reboots. The freezes are of a "special" kind. Vertical stripings, the
picture seems to grind to a halt in a stottering manner. I relate this to
the 'bug'. I want to get rid of it by replacing the board with a P3b-f
Rev.1.04. The freezes occur usually in IE after a fresh, cold start. The
sytem is "cold" so to speak. Who can come up with a hint/solution?

Jan

--
"Talente finden Lösungen, Genies entdecken Probleme."

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:31:35 +0200, "Jan Jansen"
<NOSPAMjanjansenNOSPAM@gmx.at> wrote:

>Is this revision of the P3b-f free of the infamous Photoshopbug? After
>upgrading my P2b-f with a Cel. 1400/Slot T I have random freezes and
>reboots. The freezes are of a "special" kind. Vertical stripings, the
>picture seems to grind to a halt in a stottering manner. I relate this to
>the 'bug'. I want to get rid of it by replacing the board with a P3b-f
>Rev.1.04. The freezes occur usually in IE after a fresh, cold start. The
>sytem is "cold" so to speak. Who can come up with a hint/solution?

I wouldn't have even guessed that the P2B-F would support a 133mhz processor,
but in any case none of my (four) P3B-F rev 1.04 boards have had any symptoms
of the "photoshop bug".

Then again, none of my systems are over-clocked, either...

/daytripper

The Celeron 1400 is not a 133Mhz processor, but runs at 100Mhz, I haven't
o/c either. If you use Photoshop, did you ever use the magic wand or lasso.
If your puter does not lock up, you are in luck and I will definitly go for
a P3b-f Rev.1.04.

Jan

--
"Talente finden Lösungen, Genies entdecken Probleme."
"daytripper" <day_trippr@REMOVEyahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:31:35 +0200, "Jan Jansen"
> <NOSPAMjanjansenNOSPAM@gmx.at> wrote:
>
> >Is this revision of the P3b-f free of the infamous Photoshopbug? After
> >upgrading my P2b-f with a Cel. 1400/Slot T I have random freezes and
> >reboots. The freezes are of a "special" kind. Vertical stripings, the
> >picture seems to grind to a halt in a stottering manner. I relate this to
> >the 'bug'. I want to get rid of it by replacing the board with a P3b-f
> >Rev.1.04. The freezes occur usually in IE after a fresh, cold start. The
> >sytem is "cold" so to speak. Who can come up with a hint/solution?
>
> I wouldn't have even guessed that the P2B-F would support a 133mhz
processor,
> but in any case none of my (four) P3B-F rev 1.04 boards have had any
symptoms
> of the "photoshop bug".
>
> Then again, none of my systems are over-clocked, either...
>
> /daytripper

P3B-F Motherboard Revision 1.03 had the bug.. not 1.04, I know.

Jan Jansen wrote:

> Is this revision of the P3b-f free of the infamous Photoshopbug? After
> upgrading my P2b-f with a Cel. 1400/Slot T I have random freezes and
> reboots. The freezes are of a "special" kind. Vertical stripings, the
> picture seems to grind to a halt in a stottering manner. I relate this to
> the 'bug'. I want to get rid of it by replacing the board with a P3b-f
> Rev.1.04. The freezes occur usually in IE after a fresh, cold start. The
> sytem is "cold" so to speak. Who can come up with a hint/solution?
>
> Jan
>
> --
> "Talente finden Lösungen, Genies entdecken Probleme."

TRENDING THREADS