  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 27, 2004 3:19:27 AM

Hi all,

I haven't had a single problem with my A7N8X Deluxe except for this. When I
hibernate in Win2k, everything goes normally until I try to switch back
on... at which point nothing happens, no response at all from the computer.
If I turn off the master PSU switch, and turn it back on, then I can turn on
and boot up with no problems.

I checked the latest BIOS and don't see any mention of this problem, so I
don't want to flash unless there is a fix for this problem.. I don't know
off hand what BIOS I have, is there one aside from the latest that is more
stable than the others, if I were to flash it?

More about : a7n8x hibernate problem bios flash

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2004 8:35:42 PM

"JM" <jmsn@ns.ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<3Ogjc.29937$Np3.1068997@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>...
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't had a single problem with my A7N8X Deluxe except for this. When I
> hibernate in Win2k, everything goes normally until I try to switch back
> on... at which point nothing happens, no response at all from the computer.
> If I turn off the master PSU switch, and turn it back on, then I can turn on
> and boot up with no problems.
>
> I checked the latest BIOS and don't see any mention of this problem, so I
> don't want to flash unless there is a fix for this problem.. I don't know
> off hand what BIOS I have, is there one aside from the latest that is more
> stable than the others, if I were to flash it?

This may be way off base, but I had the same problem with an ABIT
mobo, but same BIOS manufacturer. Try this, when you want to restart
it, push and hold the power button in for a few seconds. I don't know
why, but that would restart my system.

arnie
April 28, 2004 4:32:59 AM

"Arnie Berger" <aberger@u.washington.edu> wrote in message

> This may be way off base, but I had the same problem with an ABIT
> mobo, but same BIOS manufacturer. Try this, when you want to restart
> it, push and hold the power button in for a few seconds. I don't know
> why, but that would restart my system.

I think I tried that, but I'll keep it in mind next time, thanks for the
suggestion ;)
!